PDA

View Full Version : generic 3/6 question

jt1
09-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Is blind defense a big part of the 3/6 game? I've been playing short handed for about 3000 hands now and I just don't think the typical 3/6 player steals blinds. I'd say stealing a blind for a 3/6 player is raising on the button with Ace high or KXs, and if it's Ace high, he may just call down, so right now, I don't believe in defending your blinds at 3/6

sincerely,

jonny

bottomset
09-13-2005, 12:47 PM
can I have your screenname, I like free blinds

anyway its not as important as it is at say 10/20, but its more important than it was a 1/2 .. and its pretty important, when the situations come up(you do get to check you BB fairly often)

SUfan5
09-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that blind defense is important in any shorthanded game. I think this would be a huge leak in your game if you never defend your blinds.

PITTM
09-13-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is blind defense a big part of the 3/6 game? I've been playing short handed for about 3000 hands now and I just don't think the typical 3/6 player steals blinds. I'd say stealing a blind for a 3/6 player is raising on the button with Ace high or KXs, and if it's Ace high, he may just call down, so right now, I don't believe in defending your blinds at 3/6

sincerely,

jonny

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke? i seriously raise like almost any 2 from the button. and if youre not defending its just going to get you raised by me more /images/graemlins/smile.gif

rj

jt1
09-13-2005, 01:08 PM
I guess it was just statistical variation. During the first 1000 hands or so, I noticed that either 1)everyone who tried to take my blind had a legit hand (at least to start with) or 2)they refused to give up.

Thanks for the insight. If your advice is accurate, you'll have saved me thousands of dollars. God bless 2+2!

brettbrettr
09-13-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2)they refused to give up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is often the case and it doesn't mean you should be averse to defending. If anything, it makes defending more profitible.