PDA

View Full Version : Raising with a 3 flush

09-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Is this the sort of hand you should complete with a 3 flush?

Presumably then I have to bet 4th when I make a small pair as well.

Many thanks to grb for the new hand converter.

3/6 7 Card Stud -- Hand Converter (http://e.1asphost.com/grb137)

Third Street
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif_____folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif_____brings-in_____calls
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif_____completes
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif_____folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif_____calls

Fourth Street
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif_____checks_____calls
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif_____bets
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif_____folds

Fifth Street
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif_____calls
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif_____bets

Sixth Street
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif_____folds
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif_____bets

beta1607
09-13-2005, 01:08 PM
You played this hand exactly right in my opinion. The raise on 3rd is a must given how live your hand is and the fact that you have the highest card showing.

peritonlogon
09-13-2005, 01:55 PM
I could see not completing, it's pretty close, but I like the raise. Love playing against people who will call 5th against an aggresive paired door card and then fold 6th.

Hamlet
09-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Yes and Yes.

Your hand has both flush potential and high card strength. You should raise and not care a whole lot who folds or calls. It's going to be hard to be in a bad situation given you hand and the cards out. Get some money in there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the sort of hand you should complete with a 3 flush?

Presumably then I have to bet 4th when I make a small pair as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roland
09-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Yes, you should definitely complete here. There is no way I’m only calling here with three dead 9s behind me.

09-13-2005, 06:58 PM
If I keep catching blanks, which are not scare cards, should I bet 4th (on the basis that I would take off a card here) and check/fold 5th?

Bartholow
09-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Depends on your read of the callers. Sometimes it's worth firing one more barrel on 5th, sometimes not.