PDA

View Full Version : Record Keeping and SNGs

FakeKramer
09-13-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm about to start a series of 20 (or so) SNGs per day on the Party Skins. What's the best way to keep records? Just a spreadsheet get the job done? What do you guys do? Thanks.

KramerTM
09-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Not sure if I can help you... imposter.

09-13-2005, 12:11 PM
SNG Tracker

Google will find it

KramerTM
09-13-2005, 12:12 PM
OK OK

http://mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_PT_v2.5.zip

Thank SlimPickens for the link.

fnord_too
09-13-2005, 12:12 PM
I use PT mainly. I want to use the big ass spreadsheet or sng tracker, but I converted my database. (I also have a paper book I keep records in and another set of spreadsheets for tracking all games across all sites, but I am a nit.)

FakeKramer
09-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Thank you Slimpickens

MegaBet
09-13-2005, 12:15 PM
FakeKramer...lol.

schwza
09-13-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
another set of spreadsheets for tracking all games across all sites

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i use. also good for taxes. i'm too much of a control freak when it comes to numbers/money to use something like sng tracker.

fnord_too
09-13-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
another set of spreadsheets for tracking all games across all sites

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i use. also good for taxes. i'm too much of a control freak when it comes to numbers/money to use something like sng tracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want that for the pretty pictures and hourly rate type stuff. I think I may just write my own before long, but that means dusting off my SQL skills and learning the PT database schema and generally more time than I care to devote to the task, but I DO want those pretty pictures and rate data...

Sponger15SB
09-13-2005, 12:22 PM
I am pretty bad at record keeping. Now I have both of my empire accounts hooked up to gmail and I use their POP3 to have them automatically imported to PT.

Its really easy one you figure out how to do it all. (aka someone shows me how step by step).

FakeKramer
09-13-2005, 12:49 PM
What is the best way to import the hand histories of a SNG into Poker Tracker? POP Mail? (If so, how do you do it?)

I want my Poker Tracker database to be very well organized and set up so I do not have to do much to access my histories. What is the best way to do this? And what else do I need to know about using PT with tournaments? (I've only used it for cash games in the past) Thanks.

FakeKramer
09-13-2005, 03:09 PM
God how do I use this thing?!

fnord_too
09-13-2005, 03:16 PM
I just auto import durring the game then ask for the history and manually import those later. I auto import so I can see up to date stats on the opposition as I play. Using the Pop feature is probably way easier, and I may try to figure that out at some point.

pokerbo
09-13-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK OK

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey kramer, I downloaded this and get the message

"Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe. To run the macors, you can either have them signed or change your security leve."

Any ideas anyone? obviously I'm not changing my security settings to low, however how do you digitally verify as safe??

KramerTM
09-13-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK OK

[/ QUOTE ]

"Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe. To run the macors, you can either have them signed or change your security leve."

Any ideas anyone? obviously I'm not changing my security settings to low, however how do you digitally verify as safe??

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, can't help you. I use my own spreadsheet and haven't toiled with this one as of yet. PM SlimPickens.

Freudian
09-13-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK OK

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Change them to "medium" and you will get a popup each time you open the spreadsheet to allow macros for that specific spreadsheet.

Slim Pickens
09-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Tools>Macro>Security: change it to medium. That will let you enable macros in the 2+2 sheet each time you open it. Don't set it lower than medium.

KramerTM
09-13-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tools>Macro>Security: change it to medium. That will let you enable macros in the 2+2 sheet each time you open it. Don't set it lower than medium.

[/ QUOTE ]

Told ya he would save the day.

jon462
09-13-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty bad at record keeping. Now I have both of my empire accounts hooked up to gmail and I use their POP3 to have them automatically imported to PT.

Its really easy one you figure out how to do it all. (aka someone shows me how step by step).

[/ QUOTE ]

if you use hotmail or yahoo (no pop3 function) its still fairly easy once you learn, you just have to use outlook express (move them from your hotmail account to OE inbox, then load up PT).

To OP, I use PT and sng tracker (they both have features the other doesnt), although I rely on PT more.