PDA

View Full Version : Socom 3

Crveballin
09-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Just preordered it. Due out the 13th of next month. Ive been highly awaiting this to come out. Im interested to see how the vehicles in multiplayer mode pan out.

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/643/643975/socom-3-us-navy-seals-20050820101522130.jpg

pokerdirty
09-13-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just preordered it. Due out the 13th of next month. Ive been highly awaiting this to come out. Im interested to see how the vehicles in multiplayer mode pan out.

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/643/643975/socom-3-us-navy-seals-20050820101522130.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I beta tested this game.

The vehicles are ok. i was never really in a tank though (i got pissed off at this game because i've been playing Halo 2 forever, and the graphics on SOCOM3 aren't that great ) I was mostly in a truck with a machine gun on the back of it. Fun, when someone actually wants to drive you around.

Crveballin
09-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah, it looks liked they backed off the graphics from Socom 2 to help with the bandwith lag issues. Were you beta testing the multiplayer functions? If so how laggy was it. I know it was a problem they were working and the reason they pushed the release date back.

09-13-2005, 11:24 AM
SOCOM 3 has vehicles? Count me in. I'm playing SOCOM 2 right now. I'm at the Algeria level protecting the embassy. This game is awesome

pokerdirty
09-13-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it looks liked they backed off the graphics from Socom 2 to help with the bandwith lag issues. Were you beta testing the multiplayer functions? If so how laggy was it. I know it was a problem they were working and the reason they pushed the release date back.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i was testing the multiplayer. i never found it to be laggy, then again, i was playing on my school's network. I also have one of the miniPS2s, but i don't know if this has anything to do with anything.

I was testing this game as someone unfamiliar to the SOCOM series. this was the first SOCOM game I had played. Not a big fan of the dual analog sticks for a shooter. I feel like when i aim at something i do a circle around it before i target in on them, mostly due to no/little feedback on the controllers