PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thing about HBO's new miniseries "Rome"

whiskeytown
09-13-2005, 09:44 AM
I'm sitting here watching the first episode of this miniseries on HBO OnDemand, and it starts as a military/political show and suddenly gives me a shot of fully naked pumping woman on top of man action and another shot of her standing up in front of the camera totally naked.

For some reason, I'm a bit surprised to see this on a miniseries hyped in mainstream channels, and it's not typical or ever in even their more risque dramas, as I recall.

- but I'll stay tuned /images/graemlins/grin.gif
rb

HopeydaFish
09-13-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sitting here watching the first episode of this miniseries on HBO OnDemand, and it starts as a military/political show and suddenly gives me a shot of fully naked pumping woman on top of man action and another shot of her standing up in front of the camera totally naked.
rb

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your title.

MrTrik
09-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Yes, HBO likes to push the envelope a bit. They did it with Carnivale also.

Rome seems to have the 'epic' qualities. Power, Sex, Revenge. Once character development is further along I think it'll take off and be greater.

xadrez
09-13-2005, 10:36 AM
In terms of pure shock value, "Oz" on HBO definately pushed the envelope WAY further than Rome has so far. Full frontal Male nudity and prison rape regularly occurred in the show.

swede123
09-13-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In terms of pure shock value, "Oz" on HBO definately pushed the envelope WAY further than Rome has so far. Full frontal Male nudity and prison rape regularly occurred in the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

It really is a shocker more shows haven't adopted this type of content. I'm sure most people, me included, would like nothing more than more prison rape and frontal male nudity.

Swede

MrTrik
09-13-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It really is a shocker more shows haven't adopted this type of content. I'm sure most people, me included, would like nothing more than more prison rape and frontal male nudity.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there is good envelope pushing, and then there is just prison dick envelope pushing.

samjjones
09-13-2005, 11:35 AM
First two episodes are kinda slow...but things start to pick up when Caesar decides to enter Rome, and Lucious and Pullo go galivanting around the outskirts of the city.