PDA

View Full Version : $11 - Push K9o UTG?

Winwood
09-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Hi

I am still trying to get comfortable with my short-stack/short-handed aggression. On the next hand I post t100 BB and my fold equity really starts to be a become a problem. So, without any reads on anyone (I was 4-tabling) I push - is this good, bad or just ugly?....

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

<font color="#C00000">Hero (t585)</font>
MP (t965)
CO (t3500)
Button (t625)
SB (t965)
BB (t1360)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls t585 (all-in)

zambonidrivr
09-13-2005, 09:32 AM
I think you beyond having any fold equity left. I would rather take the 150 hit in blinds and push any 2 in a more favorable spot (position). Looks like everyone is pretty desparate here. While I am not one to limp into the money, i think u may find a better spot to get your money in.

37offsuit
09-13-2005, 09:44 AM
This is read specific based on how the people have been playing. Has the big stack been calling raises of this size with a wide range? Has there been a lot of stealing? How is your image? This is a key stage and situation to be able to play well in. You can easily get ground down to the point of having zero fold equity in two orbits, while if you pick up the blinds here, it gives you a little time to find a hand to double up with. Doubling up for you is huge here because you go from short stack to third or even second if you double through the medium stack. If you lose your blinds without picking any up, that changes. Doubling up then puts you as the second shortest stack.

If everyone has tightened up, I don't mind the push at all. If Big stack's range is very wide (to include suited connectors, for instance) I like this even more.

Winwood
09-13-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is read specific based on how the people have been playing. Has the big stack been calling raises of this size with a wide range? Has there been a lot of stealing? How is your image?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have a read on the big stack - the drawback of 4-tabling. He's not a maniac though, as they stand out even in crowd of 36. My image should have been pretty much in tact, I had basically folded my way to this point.

Having said that, at this level I don't think image plays much of a part in most people's thinking...

09-13-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Having said that, at this level I don't think image plays much of a part in most people's thinking...

[/ QUOTE ]

People remember when you take pots from them.

You're probably half right: your tight image doesn't play much of a part in their thinking at this level. But that's sort of the point, because it's in contrast to a loose image which would play a good part in their thinking. I think at these levels, saying you want a tight table image when the blinds get big isn't much different from saying you don't want to have any table image at all when the blinds get big.

EnderFFX
09-13-2005, 10:19 AM
I don't push this. Think about it, after the BB and SB pass through you you still have 4 BB left. You can't let the blinds pass through you again unless you steal. What I would do is this:

1) Fold this hand.
2) Next hand, if folded to me, I push any two cards. (SB)
3) Hand after that, if folded to me, I push any two cards. (Button)
4) Hand after that, if folded to me, I push any two cards. (Button + 1)

If any of those steals were successful then you can withstand another blind pass. If not, then you need to push any pair, any Ace, any King, any two suited connectors, any two broadway.

se2schul
09-13-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the next hand I post t100 BB and my fold equity really starts to be a become a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

After posting the BB and the SB, you'll have &gt;4BB which is plenty of FE if you choose your spots wisely. I really don't like pushing UTG 6-handed with marginal cards when you aren't desperate.

Winwood
09-13-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the next hand I post t100 BB and my fold equity really starts to be a become a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

After posting the BB and the SB, you'll have &gt;4BB which is plenty of FE if you choose your spots wisely. I really don't like pushing UTG 6-handed with marginal cards when you aren't desperate.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess I felt more desperate than the situation warrented. You get called so much playing in these games, 4BBs just doesn't feel like enough.

nyc999
09-13-2005, 12:08 PM
I would say you're likely to get called with a wider range of hands than you think -- I think an UTG push by a short-stack about to hit the blinds is often seen as a semi-desperate move and will often get called by AJo, 44, etc.