PDA

View Full Version : Empire Poker 750.00 Freeroll problem -More B.S there.

pokerfan
05-01-2003, 02:49 AM
Ok so a 750.00 guaranteed tournament at Empire poker started at 9 P.M., You had to play over 400 raked hands to play it. First paid 250.00 dont remember other amounts.

So about 2 and half hours into the tournament there are 60 players left. The tourney started with 220 players. At about 11:10 the tournament was paused. They restarted the server, and I log back in. It is 11:30 now when I am finally able to log back in. Go to table and it is still paused. I am in top 6 chip position. Try to get a hold of chat support all busy, try to phone them busy also. No emails as to what the hell is going on. No nothing. Finally they just decide to cancel the tournament and restart it tommorow.
Nevermind those people who were in good position to win it. Nervmind the fact that 160 players busted out. So they are starting it from scratch again tommorow. Wasted over 3 hours of my time. The unhelpful support staff basicly says tough crap. We dont care that you wasted your time. Is it really fair that all those who busted out get to play again tommorow? Is it really fair to those with 10k chips plus have to start over as well. I dont think so. You would think they would have sent emails to all those involved informing them of the restart but nothing. Really really lousy customer service in this instance. I guess it is Empire's policy to just screw their customers when a problem occurs on their end. That is probly the easiest way for them to do it. I sure as hell know I wont be wasting another 3 hours replaying a tournament I had a good shot of winning to be even with 220 players again. No thanks. They lost my 10/20 action.

They really need to stop shitting on their customers and do what is neccessary to make things right. Otherwise they will lose a lot of buisness with this rogue policy. If it werent for their props they would have like 80 people playing on their site.

Hopefully they will do the right thing, probly not but I hope for their sake.

dux
05-01-2003, 03:00 AM
That is pretty awful on their part if this is true. I can't help but think 24hPoker or ACR, both of which I don't play at however, would have handled this situation better.

k0ruptr
05-01-2003, 03:39 AM
that sucks bad... but I mean they were giving away free money, I guess it is up to them what they can do. but you're totally right, I sure as hell wouldnt play there again. they should at least restart the tourney in the same spot tomorrow , not just start it over, retards.

PokerScene
05-01-2003, 10:03 PM
True Poker messed up the same way when they started multitable tourneys...Paradise, bless their souls, we never thought we had much kind to say about them, but they do know what to do when a tourney goes down to SERVER ERROR!

They add up the chips, and give the right percentage of the prize pool to all the remaining players!

For what it is worth, True Poker adjusted their policy, but we are not sure exactly how, but at least players who have been eliminated from the tournament are not given another shot!

TruePoker CEO
05-01-2003, 10:39 PM
In response to the pokerscene post above, Truepoker had a $500 Added tourney accidentally cancelled BEFORE it ran. Our policy is to make amends to the affected players for our error. Accordingly, we credited everyone who had signed up with an equal share of $1200, much more than double the guarantee which had been cancelled.

I think the post actually refers to a time in Spring, 2002 when we were swamped for a WSOP freeroll give away, which cancelled halfway through. (To make amends, we doubled the prizes and basically allowed the affected players two shots, providing an extra tourney and an extra WSOP seat and other prizes.)

Our policy is to make players whole should a tourney abort because of our error.

Truepoker CEO

PokerScene
05-01-2003, 10:44 PM
My recollection, since I was chipleader at the time, was that the prize pool was given back to players who were out of the tournament!

How is that fair to the players who were leading???

Paradise has taken the point in time of the stoppage, and divided prizes to the remaining contestants based on the percentage of chips they had at the time.

Does ANYONE who has had much tournament experience find any fault with that process?

TruePoker CEO
05-01-2003, 10:57 PM
I have always believed that someone who got knocked out in play was knocked out, period. I can't see why a share of the prizes should go to someone fairly eliminated.

I'm not arguing with your recollection, especially as I agree with your principle. But the better policy remains to prevent crashes and other errors.

PokerScene
05-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Those who know me, know that I get quite involved when something like that happens, and wrote lots of emails, and saved them for a while, and was quite incredulous that True Poker would DEFEND its position in light of any LOGIC!

However, by allowing the tourney to be RERUN, you essentially allowed the eliminated players to have another shot!

However, we LOVE your policy of FIXING THE PROBLEM, not arguing the minutae! So we will gladly know that should the server crash in the middle of a True Poker tourney, we can expect either that the tournament will be restarted from the current position (we believe that any players who can't continue on the RAIN DATE, should be compensated at least as much as their CHIP POSITION...and not from the prize pool) OR, the Paradise Solution of distributing chips would be used...is that a fair restatement?