PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a seperate film forum?

diebitter
09-13-2005, 08:45 AM
I'm a film/DVD nut, and I'd love a film/TV/DVD forum - I like the type of people that use OOT, and reckon a film forum offshoot of OOT would be the nuts. Pretty much all the film forums I've used are lame, and I've searched and searched.

Alternatively, maybe it's not even an offshoot, maybe it's just a candidate for 'other topics' anyway, in which case, how do you get a ball rolling on suggesting it to the 2+2 gods?

Alternatively alternatively, if any OOTers can recommend a film/DVD/TV forum that's half decent, I'd be a happy bunny.

jason_t
09-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Because of the mood I'm in, I would like to suggest

La Vita è bella and Johnny Stecchino

Il Postino

La Veuve de Saint-Pierre

Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

and

Un long dimanche de fiançailles.

flatline
09-13-2005, 09:10 AM
All film forums I've seen are filled with 14 year old fanboys and retards. Rotten tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com) has a very popular forum, but there is too much crap for me to read it very often, though there is some good stuff.

whiskeytown
09-13-2005, 09:12 AM
I'll be watching Japanese Samurai films the next two weeks on my days off at the local cinema where they're having a 6 film festival.

I'd join/support/moderate any Film/TV/DVD forum that was started in OOT.

RB

diebitter
09-13-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All film forums I've seen are filled with 14 year old fanboys and retards. Rotten tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com) has a very popular forum, but there is too much crap for me to read it very often, though there is some good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly - I don't think we'd get that here, not at first, anyway.

Yeti
09-13-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Alternatively alternatively, if any OOTers can recommend a film/DVD/TV forum that's half decent, I'd be a happy bunny.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.thedvdforums.com (http://www.thedvdforums.com)

IndieMatty
09-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Mr. mmbt0ne said it correctly.

mmbt0ne
Tiger Woods, y'all

Reged: 08/18/04
Loc: THE Best Receiver Re: New Separation of OOT?
09/12/05 12:07 PM Edit Reply Quote

En réponse à:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is exactly my point in the OP though. I (and many others, I believe) don't want to see a gazillion, "should i go out with the dumb hottie or the smart troll" posts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then OOT has more music posts than anything else. So we start a music forum. And then OOT has more car posts than anything else. So we start a car forum. And then OOT has more food posts than anything else. So we start a food forum. And then OOT has more funny news article posts than anything else. So we start a funny news article forum. And then OOT has more pet posts than anything else. So we start a pet forum. And then OOT has more drunk posts than anything else. So we start a drunk forum. And then there's no OOT.

diebitter
09-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Yeah - I agreed completely when this was posted first time, and on reflection, I do now.

My bad.

Howzabout we use some general subject prefix for common subjects though, like happens with field trips. You know, like:
FIELD TRIP:
FILM:
MUSIC:
CARS:
BEER:
MEN+WOMEN:
HOTTIE:

etc?

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but it's an idea.

Bulldog
09-13-2005, 09:45 AM
No. No seperate film forum or separate film forum. Leave my OOT alone. It was bad enough we had to split out sports.

mslif
09-13-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because of the mood I'm in, I would like to suggest

La Vita è bella and Johnny Stecchino

Il Postino

La Veuve de Saint-Pierre

Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

and

Un long dimanche de fiançailles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woaw... Those are excellent movies. La Veuve de Saint-Pierre is actually one of my favorite. I am a big fan of Daniel Auteuil.

diebitter
09-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Really? Worth catching?

I'm not a big fan of modern French cinema, but haven't seen any in so long I'm out of touch (La Haine was last one I saw I liked, and not many after it - and what's that - 5/10 years ago?).

I'm taking your comments as a recommendation, so I'll try and hunt out La Veuve de Saint-Pierre. Tnx

mslif
09-13-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Really? Worth catching?

I'm not a big fan of modern French cinema, but haven't seen any in so long I'm out of touch (La Haine was last one I saw I liked, and not many after it - and what's that - 5/10 years ago?).

I'm taking your comments as a recommendation, so I'll try and hunt out La Veuve de Saint-Pierre. Tnx

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a brilliant movie, I highly recommend it. The cast is unbelievable: Daniel Auteuil, Juliette Binoche...
I would really want to know what your thoughts are on it after you watch it.