PDA

View Full Version : headsup, 3 suits on flop, w/ K flush draw

Wynton
09-13-2005, 08:00 AM
My first hand this morning. No info on opponents. And I was feeling quite sleepy. Now I think I should have raised the flop. What's your line?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

spamuell
09-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Why do you think you should have raised the flop?

Wynton
09-13-2005, 08:33 AM
I dunno. Seems like many players like to bet out on these boards with nothing, just hoping that the opponents will fold without top pair or a flush draw. I thought a raise might actually win the hand right there, knock out co and/or buy me a free card. Also, I assume that all my decisions are wrong at the moment. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Would you have taken the same line that I actually did?

Roy6
09-13-2005, 08:39 AM
I also raise this. You can knock out the 3rd player, and hell you could also win with a non- /images/graemlins/spade.gif K.
Sucks if he has the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif though.

me454555
09-13-2005, 08:39 AM
I like raising this flop b/c a lot of good things can happen if you raise

1) You may get sb to fold a pair
2) You may buy the button if UTG folds
3) You may get a free card on the turn

I also might consider betting the river if he's not a calling station but it would have to be read dependant. I could see the As play it like this.

Wynton
09-13-2005, 08:43 AM
And what I really didn't like about not raising is that it seemed so transparent that I was hoping for a flush.

spamuell
09-13-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm just not sure I like raising the flop, the pot is tiny, I don't want to commit lots of chips with a K high flush draw, even if it might be the best hand.

I think calling the flop is fine, and I don't think it's completely transparent you have a flush draw.

Once it's HU to the turn, I'd consider raising any card except the three non-spade aces. The likelihood you have the best hand has increased, you might actually make your opponent fold a worse hand and you charge them a lot when they have a flush draw (although you're charging yourself a lot too).

I think you should raise this turn when you feel like it and call when you don't, but I'm not a fan of raising the flop, what hands are we trying to make UTG fold exactly?