PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love online poker

Nottom
04-30-2003, 11:57 PM
Few hands from online .5/1. I've really been on a downturn the past few weeks so figured it would be a good idea to post some hands and see how bad i'm playing.

Hand 1:

I'm in the BB with K8s. 4 or 5 limpers to me and i check.

Flop comes 8c8d9d.

I bet out with my trips, MP calls, button calls others fold.

Turn 7h

I bet out again, MP folds, Button raises!, I re-raise and he calls.

River is a blank.

I bet out again, and he calls.

Hand 2:

I'm in LMP with AJo

MP limps, I raise, folded to button who coldcalls. Blinds fold and limper calls

Flop:
AA2 (suits irrelavent)
Checked to me, I bet, both call.

Turn: 4

Checked to me, I bet, Button raises, limper re-raises ... I look at my stack and see I only have 2.25 left and raise all-in. Button folds.

River is something.

Hand 3: I have QTs in MP.

EP limps, I limp, CO raises, BB calls, limpers call.

Flop: 579r or something like that. I have a backdoor flush draw.

BB bets, EP folds, I raise hoping to knock CO off AT or AQ if he has them. CO folds, BB calls.

Turn is a 4 of not mine.

Checked to me, and I take the free card.

River is a 2 or something.

Checked to me, and I check it down knowing I'm not knocking BB off his small pair.

Results in next post ....

Nottom
05-01-2003, 12:07 AM
Hand 1: He shows down T6c for the straight. I really thought I had it when he didn't cap the turn.

Hand 2: He shows me A4s for the turned boat.

Hand 3: BB shows AA of all things. Oh well, at least I didn't hit one of my overcards.

mikeca
05-01-2003, 03:41 AM
Hand 1:

In LL I think trips is always a vulnerable hand. I like betting it out on the flop and the turn, but when you get raised on the turn, you have to think what would he raise with. There are lots of perfectly good limping hands that beat you here, like JT and 77. I would just call the raise on the turn and check/call the river, but I’m not the most aggressive player, so maybe others will agree with your play.

Hand 2:

This is LL. I think your turn all in raise is fine. These guys suck out a lot, but they make the pots bigger when you win.

Hand 3:

I really don’t like QTs from MP. If the game is passive and several limpers are already in from late position yes, but not middle. I really don’t understand your flop raise. You played a drawing hand, and missed the flop. In LL games a raise here may or may not get the CO off overcards. Many LL players will raise from the CO or button with a wide variety of hands. Some LL players will hang on with Ax for two small bets. If you had a read on the button that he was tight, and likely on overcards and would fold overcards for a raise, then maybe this makes some sense.

I really don’t understand this BB’s play. He must be a real weak, tight.

My experience in PP 0.5/1 is there are a surprising number of good players mixed in with some very poor players. Sometimes the games get very tight, with almost no fish at the table. Other times there are the same 2 or 3 players limping with any two cards. You have to watch the game conditions carefully and adjust to current conditions, because they can change quickly.

lil'
05-01-2003, 08:11 AM
Hands 1 & 2 are fine.

Hand three isn't bad either. The limp I think is OK in this weak loose game. Of course, then you got raised. The flop raise is a bit too fancy, I think. You are very likely behind and if you hit your Q or 10 you may still be behind. You limped with a weakish drawing hand, got raised and missed totally. Fold.

When I lose hands like this (especially the first two) it is frustrating, becuase you think you have the best hand. On the plus side, the play of your opponents is so weak that they totally missed a chance to get more money away from you. A better player would have extracted more bets from you on all hands.

Binkus
05-01-2003, 09:02 AM
In hand 3 I believe the flop raise was a terible choice. In most ll games you arnt going to nock the pre flop aggresor off on the flop for an extra bet and since you didnt make any draws besides back door your hand would still be prety vulnrable if you paired it on the river. Fold on the flop

rigoletto
05-01-2003, 09:25 AM
hand 1 and 2 are fine (the turn is a though one in 2, but going all in is a good descission).

hand 3: it's definately a call in MP at a loose microlimit game. You can call here with a lot of good drawing hands, but you should muck them on the flop unless you hit it hard. Fancy plays like limiting the field with overcards doesn't work well in microlilmit loose games; this play only has +EV if there is a chance you can take the pot uncontested (not nescessarily with your flop raise, but also on the turn or river) but here there is allways some smuck calliing you down with bottom pair.

Homer
05-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Your play was fine with the exception of not mucking on the flop in Hand 3.

-- Homer

Lost Wages
05-01-2003, 11:04 AM
nottom,

Hand 1)
Fine

Hand 2)
There is no reason to ever go all-in in an online limit ring game. You can always bring more chips to the table between hands. You should have enough chips for the next hand in case you get a monster.

Hand 3)
Fold the flop. If you had AKs, AQs or KQs then a raise would be fine.

Lost Wages

Nottom
05-01-2003, 01:38 PM
Most hands were 5-6 handed for one bet, so I still think the limp was fine ... but then again I'm bleeding money atm and it certainly wouldn't hurt to get away from hands like this.

As for my post flop play here, its definately the play most people don't like. This is certainly not a play I make on a regular basis, but I thought this was a good time to try. There were 4.5 BBs in the pot and I thought I had 6 outs plus a BD flush draw if I could get heads up with the BB, I really didn't think he had much of anything here, maybe a small PP or Ax that hit the flop.

Honestly I don't think I would have tryed this play if I had AT or something, since hitting the Ace would give me a 2nd best hand here to often, but I didn't anticipate any problems here unless he had 9Ts or something ... if I could get rid of the PFR who very well may have my Queens covered. The play did what I wanted it too, I took my free card, and just missed my draw. Is the draw here really that much different from raising your 4-straight for a free card with a flush draw on the board?