PDA

View Full Version : Is Multi-Tabling a must?

09-13-2005, 04:42 AM
I withdrew my br before reading everything I have, posting on this site, etc. etc.

I played $11 sng's on pp and converted $50 to $300 in a week (a heater yes... not nearly enough br, I know) what Im wondering is that considering my position, now having all this knowledge, about to move back into sng's from 25nl cash games, is multitabling here a ROI-dictated must?

Im wondering about my ability to gain reads, and such. I think I will start off with just two, and see how I do over a month (starting this time with a much safer $200 br). My other question is this, if I were to put in 25 Buy ins, do yall see a greater ROI playing one $22 at a time or two $11?

and finally, I have pokertracker, but I see very little mention of it in this forum, so what software would I need for tracking SNG's?

SCfuji
09-13-2005, 04:55 AM
what is more comfortable for you?

unreal_nh
09-13-2005, 05:17 AM
multitabling isnt normally something that will increase roi.. what you are increasing by multitabling is $/hr.

on average you can expect a higher roi at the 11's.

sit n go tracker (http://sng.pokercomment.com/) is good

09-13-2005, 05:28 AM
Im sorry, I misused ROI, I meant $/hr.

god Im a noob.

whats more comfortable to me is playing one at a time, I just lack confidence when multi-tabling, although thats because my dumb self had to go all macho and try 4-tabling... got totally crushed.

honestly, I feel I'd be more comfortable at a single $109 than two $11, but I can and will adapt my game, I was just wondering if you guys had any experience with this decision.

EricW
09-13-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im sorry, I misused ROI, I meant $/hr.

god Im a noob.

whats more comfortable to me is playing one at a time, I just lack confidence when multi-tabling, although thats because my dumb self had to go all macho and try 4-tabling... got totally crushed.

honestly, I feel I'd be more comfortable at a single $109 than two $11, but I can and will adapt my game, I was just wondering if you guys had any experience with this decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're more comfortable doing one table at a time, do so until you feel comfortable moving up. What I mean by moving up is to slowly add more tables in at a time. Continue playing 1 at a time and then when it feels right, play 2 at a time for a while. You'll adapt at multi-tabling quiet easily. Before I had trouble playing 2 tables at a time, but when I "mastered" that, I went up to 3 tables then to 4. Now 4 tables is nothing. I read the forums, watch TV etc while 4 tabling (although that's probably not the best way to play poker).

And as for playing just 1, 100$ table, DON'T DO THAT! You can be the best player in the world but you'll lose to variance with such a small bank roll.

09-13-2005, 08:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sit n go tracker (http://sng.pokercomment.com/) is good

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been using this since I started playing SNGs recently. I'm only ~100 in so far, so I know the sample size is tiny, especially for ROI and even ITM. But I have no idea what I'm looking for when I look at the stats in there.

I'm sure it's possible to find indications of leaks by looking at SNG Tracker results, but I just have no idea what things like finish distribution should look like or ITM from bubble % should be, and what it indicates if they are way off average, and what sample size is needed for those #s to start converging.

kevstreet
09-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Once you start multi-tabling be prepared for larger swings. That took me a little getting use to. It's nice when you're running well but can be quite a test when you're not.

Oh by the way, does anyone know who the chick is in SCfuji's avatar... damn.

schwza
09-13-2005, 10:41 AM
it seems like you're just starting off. i think playing 1 table is not a bad idea. concentrate on what you're doing and try to post several hands a day here.

the time to add a table is when you're bored and 1 table does not hold your interest.