PDA

View Full Version : My Chemical Romance...

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-13-2005, 02:49 AM
I defy anyone between the age of 22 and 35 to watch the video for Helena and not have the thought that the lead singer must be Billy Corgan's son.

Also, I actually like this song. Among the new-fangled crappy music bands dominating today's pop/rock, MCR is probably the best.

smokingrobot
09-13-2005, 02:52 AM
i listened to some other songs on their album, and that single was by far the best track i heard by them.

shant
09-13-2005, 02:56 AM
Does band popularity go in waves based on name? Like that stretch where every band was a "The" and back in the day it was all about short, one-word band names and now you have to have almost a sentence for a band name to be popular.

Eurotrash
09-13-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does band popularity go in waves based on name? Like that stretch where every band was a "The" and back in the day it was all about short, one-word band names and now you have to have almost a sentence for a band name to be popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, I was thinking this very thing. it's a good observation.

I blame hipsters like Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

zephed
09-13-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You forgot the number phase.

nothumb
09-13-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now we're in the second coming of the emo phase known as "Three Word Name."

NT

unreal_nh
09-13-2005, 03:19 AM
yeah i agree he looks like he could be billy corgans son.. helena, good song.

Seadood228
09-13-2005, 03:21 AM
Never thought about Billy Corgan, but now that you mention it they look very similar.

It's a pretty cool song and a neat video. I didn't like the rest of the album that much though...

smokingrobot
09-13-2005, 11:01 AM
...and you will know us by the trail of the dead has everyone one trumped i thnk on this one.

daveymck
09-13-2005, 11:06 AM
This band is pretty big in the UK probably more amonst a younger crowd, I really like the album though is a lot more varied than you might think after listening to the two singles. I dont generally like the overhyped american bands but this is one thta in my opinion deserves the hype.

SL__72
09-13-2005, 11:12 AM
They are waiting for the 11 word band name phase to hit it big. Since we are only at 3 now so they're gonna have to wait a while longer.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-13-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They are waiting for the 11 word band name phase to hit it big. Since we are only at 3 now so they're gonna have to wait a while longer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Luckily, they're also able to go by Trail of Dead for now. It's ingenious.

bustedchucks
09-13-2005, 12:17 PM
helena is a good tune. i think they're sorta okay, but they're making some of the coolest videos ive seen in a while. interesting stuff.

SL__72
09-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Good call.

istewart
09-13-2005, 12:21 PM
You actually [censored] LIKE THEM? WTF PATRICK? You have had reasonable taste up until this post. THEY ARE HORRRRRIBBBLLLEEEEE.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-13-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You actually [censored] LIKE THEM? WTF PATRICK? You have had reasonable taste up until this post. THEY ARE HORRRRRIBBBLLLEEEEE.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry, I'm not a fanboi. I just like this one song and its video and I think the guy looks like he could be Billy Corgan's son. Also, there's nothing wrong with liking a little bit of pop.

swede123
09-13-2005, 12:30 PM
I see the Billy Corgan comparison. But as far as the song goes it's pretty annoying. People who wear too much makeup piss me off, and there's lots of those people in this video.

If this is the best these guys got it doesn't bode well...

Swede

Voltron87
09-13-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, wtf is wrong with all these awful bands? I saw a music video for one of my chemical romances songs and I just didnt think it was for real.

istewart
09-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Pop is good. Watching queers dance around with umbrellas in the rain screaming random jibberish is not.

JTrout
09-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Never heard of the band. I saw the thread title, and thought I'd read some deep confession, with an interesting or witty twist. Damn.

oddjob
09-13-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, wtf is wrong with all these awful bands? I saw a music video for one of my chemical romances songs and I just didnt think it was for real.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand your confusion. the popular bands have always been pretty crappy. the masses have pretty mediocre tastes. that is why there are applebees and chilis everywhere, and some people consider dave mathews to be the greatest thing since the last crappy greatest band.

ThaSaltCracka
09-13-2005, 01:06 PM
They are emo tools who play completely pop sounding garbage, the lead singer has a horrible voice. There is absolutely nothing even remotely average about this band. They blow.

IndieMatty
09-13-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are emo tools who play completely pop sounding garbage, the lead singer has a horrible voice. There is absolutely nothing even remotely average about this band. They blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats sad is they didn't used to blow. I'll post an older MP3 of theirs tonight.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Alright, for the record, I am not holding up My Chemical Romance as the second coming of the Smashing Pumpkins or the saviours of Rock & Roll, I am not saying they are a great band or even a good band. I said they're good relative to the other crappy teen bands that are big right now. The main point here is that the kid looks like Billy Corgan. That is all.

ThaSaltCracka
09-13-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The main point here is that the kid looks like Billy Corgan.

[/ QUOTE ] I will grant you that, he does.