PDA

View Full Version : Bet and fold that draw for value

Kumubou
09-13-2005, 02:10 AM
First hand at the table -- no reads, sorry. :|

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 Max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Heroine is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Heroine checks.

<font color="blue">I like pie.</font>

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Heroine calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Heroine calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue">Well [censored]. I bet my OESD (plus BDFD) for value into the family, and the SB checkraises me. Now I have no idea if I should 3-bet for more value (at the risk of blasting fools out of the pot) or just peel now. Then UTG makes my decision completely irrevelant with his call-3 bet, and I have an OESD, I'm seeing that damn turn.</font>

Turn: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Heroine checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="blue">Heroine...?</font>

<font color="blue">Well isn't that card great. Anyone with a T is now drawing to chop with me. T8 and KT just owned me for free. Two of my outs are somewhat dirty as it may complete a runner-runner flush. The button just woke up. Discounting outs, I am nowhere near the five or so I need to press on... so I am leaning torward folding here. Feh.</font>

Pot now: 15 BB

-K

Paxosmotic
09-13-2005, 02:49 AM
This may be the most weak/tight thing I've ever posted, so someone get a pencil. Fold. You have 2.5 outs in what is now a 6.5BB pot since you'll be splitting it with button.

This is the first time I've noticed you're a girl on the internet. So, how's that working out for you?

tyler_cracker
09-13-2005, 03:01 AM
I have no advice, though you've convinced me pretty thoroughly that a fold is all-encompassingly reasonable. Mostly, i just wanted to reply to say:

1. this hand makes me nauseous.
2. everyone involved probably belongs on your buddy list.
3. i hope to god someone called the river so you can post results.
4. the first sentence of my post has too many adverbs in it.

Eeegah
09-13-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Heroine calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Heroine calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored]? I think my brain just leaked out of my skull trying to comprehend this. I'm guessing UTG pulled this off because checkraising is fun, but that doesn't help your cause any.

Yeah I fold the turn as well, and the weak-tight in me wants to fold even if the turn wasn't a 9--you look like you're gonna pay 4 bets there to win 22, and while 8 outs is just barely profitable you're also drawing to the bad end of the straight. With the implied odds I'd call anyway but not be too happy about it. Now that the 9 is there...no.

Muck and pay damned good attention to how these guys act over the next couple hands, especially if UTG showed down something really good. The tinfoil in me suggests some sort of collusion here. Now if you'll excuse me I have some fake moon landing photos to analyze.

Bodhi
09-13-2005, 03:15 AM
Damn, that really sucks. With the danger of it getting 3-bet, or capped, and the possibility of chopping, I think a fold is ok here. The odds you're getting here should not be taken at face-value.

Eeegah
09-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Bump because I want answers /images/graemlins/mad.gif

What did they have?

tyler_cracker
09-13-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What did they have?

[/ QUOTE ]

TripleH68
09-13-2005, 10:30 PM
First hand at table. &lt;sigh&gt;

Flop: UTG played this like a made hand or monster draw. A set or KT. He did not want to raise your initial flop bet in such a small pot. Then you have SB capping.

Turn: Now UTG looks like the made hand and button hit the draw. Notice that it is entirely possible you are drawing to 3 kings for a split pot(or even 2) and that is it.

Without reads I fold here and get to the next hand as quickly as possible.

Kumubou
09-13-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the first time I've noticed you're a girl on the internet. So, how's that working out for you?

[/ QUOTE ]
There are no women on the Internet. Just goats(ecx).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What did they have?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Heroine checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Heroine folds, UTG calls.

River: (16 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Js Qh (full house, jacks full of queens).
Button has Tc Ks (straight, king high).
Outcome: UTG wins 18 BB. </font>

What the SB had when he went raise/cap/call two/fold will never be known. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-K

Eeegah
09-13-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What the SB had when he went raise/cap/call two/fold will never be known. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is a Wookie from Kashyyk, but it lives on the planet Endor. This does not make sense.

Rev. Good Will
09-13-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is a Wookie from Kashyyk, but it lives on the planet Endor. This does not make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the monkey, look at the silly monkey

http://www.historyguy.com/biofiles/cochran%20glove.jpg