PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton to fill leadership void

newfant
09-13-2005, 02:01 AM
Now that President Chimpleton has shown himself to be inept in nearly all aspects of leadership, highly respected former President BILL CLINTON is stepping up to fill the leadership vacuum. President Clinton has organized a meeting of 1000 world leaders with the objective of "Ending extreme poverty around the world, lessening religious conflict, reducing global warming, and promoting good government in new democracies." I, for one, am excited about Clinton's re-emergence on the global stage and I think it can only lead to good things.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/050919/19presidents.htm?track=rss

jaxmike
09-13-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
highly respected former President BILL CLINTON

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO.

tek
09-13-2005, 09:55 AM
I heard he's going to run again. Maybe he and Hillary could each vie for the dem nomination. That would be must see tv /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

FishHooks
09-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Even though I'm conservative I dont hate Bill Clinton, I do dislike many of his policies. I'll even praise some things he has done or bills he has signed, and I will say he is one of the greatest "politicians" in terms of strategy and tactics (in a good way), but one thing I dont think he has is leadership.

newfant
09-13-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Even though I'm conservative I dont hate Bill Clinton, I do dislike many of his policies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you dislike Bill and Hilary's attempt to pass a socialized-medicine bill? Did it make you angry to see the Republican Congress fight this tooth-and-nail during the Clinton administration only to turn around and pass a socialized prescription-drug plan when the Republicans controlled both the White House and Congress? Or, was that bill acceptable to you because Republicans are "fiscally conservative?" Also, did you dislike the balanced budgets we had during the Clinton administration? Do you prefer President Bush's policy of operating under huge federal deficits?

Personally, I think it's funny when Republicans claim to be fiscally conservative, and then, when they grab total power, they spend money like drunken sailors.

jaxmike
09-13-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Did you dislike Bill and Hilary's attempt to pass a socialized-medicine bill?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hated it.

[ QUOTE ]
Did it make you angry to see the Republican Congress fight this tooth-and-nail during the Clinton administration only to turn around and pass a socialized prescription-drug plan when the Republicans controlled both the White House and Congress?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hated it.

[ QUOTE ]
Or, was that bill acceptable to you because Republicans are "fiscally conservative?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I hated it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, did you dislike the balanced budgets we had during the Clinton administration?

[/ QUOTE ]

"He" only had a "balanced budget" because the Republican's in Congress made it happen. Don't kid yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you prefer President Bush's policy of operating under huge federal deficits?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't. We need to abolish Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, The Education Department, and many other departments of the government. Then, we can lower everyone's taxes (preferrably with a "fair tax"), and get the government smaller.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think it's funny when Republicans claim to be fiscally conservative, and then, when they grab total power, they spend money like drunken sailors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know that Ted Kennedy was in the Navy. Interesting. Anyway, don't believe that Bush is in ANY way fiscally conservative. In fact, I think I know why the Dems and Leftists hate Bush so much, he is getting the credit for making all of their ideas into realities. Except the part about making the US accountable to the UN.

tylerdurden
09-13-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
President Clinton has organized a meeting of 1000 world leaders with the objective of "Ending extreme poverty around the world, lessening religious conflict, reducing global warming, and promoting good government in new democracies."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, getting a bunch of bureaucrats sitting in a room is sure to solve these problems.

SheetWise
09-13-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, getting a bunch of bureaucrats sitting in a room is sure to solve these problems.

[/ QUOTE ]
It allows us to take names. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PITTM
09-13-2005, 01:39 PM
so what has our current president done to earn your respect then?

rj

FishHooks
09-13-2005, 02:33 PM
I agree with every word you said.

BCPVP
09-13-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
President Clinton has organized a meeting of 1000 world leaders with the objective of "Ending extreme poverty around the world, lessening religious conflict, reducing global warming, and promoting good government in new democracies."

[/ QUOTE ]
We couldn't do this with 40 years and trillions of dollars in our own country. What makes anyone believe that a bunch of bureaucrats (and former bureaucrats) will do better this time around?

benfranklin
09-13-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Observations:

1. That statement is almost as heartwarming as the aspirations speechs at the Miss Universe contest.

2. Clinton couldn't organize a clandestine BJ in a room guarded by the Secrect Service. How could he possibly organized 1000 world leaders.

3. That said, no one could organize 1000 world leaders to accomplish anything productive. The result would be 1000 intersecting monologues, each saying, "Me, me, me!!!"

4. People thrive on religious conflict.

5. Extreme poverty and many other problems are caused or exacerbated by religious conflict. See #4 above.

6. Discussion about global warming are about as productive as discussions about the Easter Bunny.

7. "Good government" is an oxymoron. Or is that oxymoran???

[ QUOTE ]
I, for one, am excited about Clinton's re-emergence on the global stage and I think it can only lead to good things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you are smoking, please share it with the class.

benfranklin
09-13-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that comparing our elected officials to drunken sailors is insulting and offensive to sailors. I suggest that we refer to fiscal excess as spending money like drunken Senators.

Roybert
09-13-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"He" only had a "balanced budget" because the Republican's in Congress made it happen. Don't kid yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously. Now, if only Bush had a Republican congress that could 'make this happen'...

BCPVP
09-13-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, if only Bush had a Republican congress that could 'make this happen'...

[/ QUOTE ]
...fiscal conservatives would be much happier than they are now...

jaxmike
09-13-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so what has our current president done to earn your respect then?

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

1.) His handling of the 9/11 situation was excellent.
2.) His attempts to let the people handle some of their social security money.
3.) Defeated Al Gore in an election.
4.) Defeated John Kerry in an election.

I am really not all that pleased with a lot of what Bush has done exactly. However, I am sure glad he is the one in office and not Gore or Kerry.

FishHooks
09-13-2005, 03:42 PM
When Clinton was president the Republican Congress had a great leader, Newt, who had the Contract to America. He is my favoite political mind, not necessarly "politician" but he stood for something and didn't appeal to special intrests.

jaxmike
09-13-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When Clinton was president the Republican Congress had a great leader, Newt, who had the Contract to America. He is my favoite political mind, not necessarly "politician" but he stood for something and didn't appeal to special intrests.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but bring up respect for him and you get yelled at.

I wish he would win the Presidency in '08. Our nation would be in such good shape by '16.

FishHooks
09-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm right there with you, I wish he would run and win.

09-13-2005, 06:40 PM
As much as I dislike Clinton, his policies, and the lack of ethics he brought to the office of the President;

I have to admit he would be a great "special elect" / "new government posistion" dedicated to re-building of NO.

For those of you who know me, I promise this is not a joke.

I think Clinton is well respected by the African American poplution (especially in the South) and it would do more for his "Legacy" as an ambassador of good will and reconstruction.

He could be like Carter: Part Two (didn't do much good during his Presidencly, but was a great American afterwards).

FishHooks
09-13-2005, 08:26 PM
I think its possible, while I dont think he's a great leader, I do agree most of his passions come from personal experience, and don't dissagree one bit that if he really wanted to, he could really help out this situation. However many of his programs he would come up with would be highly funded social programs, which I would not agree with.