PDA

View Full Version : Yanked on my tunic and dangled my stash.

Huh
04-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Continuing the phish theme.

$3-$6 kill game, the kill is on bringing it to $6-$12

I am on the button and get 3 limpers, I raise with
A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
One additional caller with everyone else.

Flop
A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I bet and get two callers.

Turn
T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
Checked to me, I bet and get two callers.

River
3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
And the guy bets into me.

I call.

This is the type of call that costs me money in Real Life, but seems to pay off on internet poker, and I don't know why. My hand was good, but this is the first time in a while that this didn't mean two-pair, rivered set, or back door flush.

Comments appreciated.

-Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Ginogino
04-30-2003, 11:31 PM
Huh:

Well played! This is the reason for the excellent (and therefore not original to me) advice to resolve doubts early in the hand in favor of folding, and to resolve doubts late in the hand in favor of calling. True, you can hit long runs of calling and losing even when you are calling correctly. But then there are moments like this.

Gino

PYITE
05-05-2003, 06:08 PM

sam h
05-05-2003, 06:35 PM
The pot is laying you over 10:1 to call on the river, so even if there is a 10% chance your opponent is bluffing, a call is correct. In live play, I might - rarely - have enough of a feel for the opponent to lay this down. But I would never fold this online.

J.R.
05-05-2003, 07:24 PM
check out
http://maffetore.com/phish/song.html?s_id=51&a_id=

jasonHoldEm
05-05-2003, 11:46 PM
But the real question remains, what do they say in YEM?

(Sorry for OT response, just happy to see some phish-heads /forums/images/icons/smile.gif, feel free to PM me if you guys want to trade stories /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )

peace,
jHE