PDA

View Full Version : How many times as the best hand held up at the WSOP final hand??

skitzo444
09-13-2005, 01:41 AM
I was just wondering of the past 36 years how many times as the best hand won going into the last hand of the tournament. I know this year the 3 7 beat the A 7. And I think the year before some 5 4 beat a better hand. Does anyone know for or can find out.

Mr. Curious
09-13-2005, 02:12 AM
Who cares and why is this in the probability forum?

If you really want to know the answer, research it on your own and report back to us.

AndysDaddy
09-13-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was just wondering of the past 36 years how many times as the best hand won going into the last hand of the tournament. I know this year the 3 7 beat the A 7. And I think the year before some 5 4 beat a better hand. Does anyone know for or can find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, what the hell. Based on this site (http://www.launchpoker.com/hands-reviews/wsop-final-hands/), the best hand before the flop has held up 15 times out of 30 since 1973 (not counting 74, 75, & 91 for which no data was available).

Clearly, WSOP final hands are rigged! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
--
Scott

Tuben
09-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah but was it all in hands ?

LetYouDown
09-13-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Generally, the final hand has an all in.

pzhon
09-13-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
... and a call. However, many of these hands were not pushed preflop, so it shouldn't be a surprise if the hands that were favored preflop didn't win very frequently.

Tuben
09-13-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mean preflop.

dogsballs
09-15-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
... and a call. However, many of these hands were not pushed preflop, so it shouldn't be a surprise if the hands that were favored preflop didn't win very frequently.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. And often the big stack starts with the worst hand PF on the PF all-in hands. Many times though, the short stack wins and doubles up; but then it's not the final hand of course. Only the one where the big stack wins becomes the final hand.

so there are two good reasons why the numbers won't reflect the expected hot and cold results.