PDA

View Full Version : The "Where's Granny" Poll

jasonHoldEm
04-30-2003, 09:04 PM
The board hasn't been the same since her disappearance, I thought I'd have some fun.

Hurry back Granny.

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif
jHE

beernutz
04-30-2003, 09:21 PM
My vote: Burned out from giving every 2+2 kook and crank a response they richly deserve.

jek187
04-30-2003, 09:30 PM
I have the distinctively bad feeling that Granny had to go in for some sort of high-risk heart surgery. I hope I'm wrong and Granny is just at the WSOP. But I don't think Granny would've made an inspirational last post if she was just going to the WSOP. So, Granny, no matter where you are...I hope you make the nut draw.

Inthacup
05-01-2003, 12:34 AM
I have a very bad feeling about this sudden disappearance. Granny and I emailed each other a lot lately, as I was providing her with the WPT DVDs one at a time(she didn't get the travel channel in CT). During the course of the emails, this fact came up:

getting these on DVD for viewing on my laptop is exactly the way that i wanted to see these. i spend about 8 hours a day on my laptop when i go for cardiac rehab, and it is going to make the time pass by. i can't wait to have them all, so i can start watching them for the 3rd, 4th & 5th time etc.

I don't want to spread rumors or unwarranted concerns, but it's unlike Granny to leave like she did unless it was something serious. My hope is that she is sipping drinks with little umbrellas on some carribean coast somewhere. Best of luck, Granny!!!

lorinda
05-01-2003, 09:24 AM
I'm guessing at NOT serious, although I too am concerned.

When Granny gets ill, someone collects her emails for her and reads them out, she wouldn't have closed her mailbox is my guess.

Kicking butt at WSOP is my hope and also my guess.

Lori

Mike Haven
05-01-2003, 10:30 AM
I have a terrible sinking feeling that we may have to rename GrannyMae as GrannyMarieCeleste (http://homepages.tesco.net/~jimwatt/part2.htm).

Inthacup
05-01-2003, 12:06 PM
Do you think she would close both her 2+2 account and AOL account over going to the WSOP? My backup guess to health problems is evading some type of authority. That really makes the most sense. However, Granny could be tired of her online persona, and decided to shed her online skin so to speak.

jasonHoldEm
05-01-2003, 01:24 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
is evading some type of authority

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...Tonight on America's Most Wanted:

Granny Mae, Behind the Emoticons
(Somewhere, CT) Little did her neighbors know that there was more to the quiet older woman living next door than meets the eye. An internet poker player by day, an international crime lord by night...

Tonight we'll investigate the web of lies woven by this seemingly quiet Grandmother of five. Drugs, Prostitution, Racketeering, Numbers...some suspect that Granny might even be responsible for the mysterious dissapearance of more than a few posters on the 2+2 internet forum who crossed the line with her.

"They were there one day, mixing it up with her on the internet forum, and then suddenly they were gone." said Mason Malmuth, author and publisher of 2+2 publishing, "At first we didn't think anything of it, but when it continued to happen with other posters we began to suspect there might be a problem".

Add these suspicisions to the outright soliciations for bodily harm seen on the IG forum (defenstration perhaps?) and the pieces all begin to add up.

No one is sure of Granny's exact whereabouts, but if you see Granny, please do not approach her, she is armed with a cane and considered cranky. Please inform your local authorities or call 1-800-JUSTICE.

-----

Ok, now I feel better /forums/images/icons/smile.gif You guys had me scared for a minute /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

If Granny isn't feeling well, I certainly hope she gets better soon and makes it back to the boards.

(If she's just visiting her relatives in Topeka she's going to have a hoot when she gets back and we all thought she died...I certainly hope it works out that way.)

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Smile, she'll be back /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
jHE

RollaJ
05-01-2003, 02:22 PM
...some suspect that Granny might even be responsible for the mysterious dissapearance of more than a few posters on the 2+2 internet forum who crossed the line with her.

Maybe she gone north for some Cannuck huntin' /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Simon Diamond
05-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Where ever she is, I hope all is well (health wise) and that she returns soon.

Simon

Hung
05-01-2003, 05:26 PM
She always disappears like this.
But she has always come back. So I hope she'll be back soon. But it's good to know that everyone misses her.

Last time she didn't mention anything about wsop. So I don't think she went to the wsop, but I could be wrong. I'm always wrong.
I hope she'll win first prize.

Inthacup
05-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Does she always refuse PMs and close her email accounts? This is something I haven't seen before from her, which makes me think that this is different. Also, notice that she took the old lady picture off of here. Very strange.

Hung
05-01-2003, 05:59 PM
I think you're right.
Maybe she got tired of being grannymae. I have had the honor to talk to the person behind grannymae. Great person. Now that I read all the posts for a second time I'm starting to realize that we'll never see her again.

Damn, I wanted to send her a sweater with our Belgium poker club logo. And I'd like to return the book she gave me (Shut up and deal by jesse may)

pokerhacker
05-01-2003, 06:02 PM
Granny Went Bust, so decided to do little hooking
on the L.A. street scene. Got caught by undercover cop
so she is Now in Jail....hoping to get a game of holdem
going to gain enough smokes to trade for cash to bond
out and get back in the poker scene!

Homer
05-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Isn't it obvious? Granny has decided to develop a new alter ego as BADDAWG's sidekick, KINKYDAWG.

-- Homer

PokerScene
05-01-2003, 07:23 PM
We are hearing that GrannyMae is at WSOP, and we know she travels, but doesn't she always tell people?

We had great orgies planned, and she wussed out!

We haven't heard since the twenty first, and had promises that we know she wouldn't forget /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Hung
05-02-2003, 03:04 AM
This is off topic. But I've never seen a poker DVD before. Last week-end when I went to Paris for a live tournament (my first one) I saw a tape about wsop or wpt, don't know which one. And I asked the manager where she bought it. It was a tape from pokerineurope. But I don't like tapes. I'd rather get the DVD or DIVX. Does anyone know where I can get the DVD's?

thx

PokerFinder
05-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Just kidding! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif She's dead and now her spirits are raoming and posting on pokerscene.com's forum.

What did you do to her Mary???
BTW, FBI is looking for you and their email address is TEE-AY-EN-GEE-SEE-WHY at hotmail.com.