PDA

View Full Version : Keep Calling Me Then. Street Lines....

09-13-2005, 01:02 AM
Here is a JJ OOP hand against a dangerous board.

Both villains are LPP (Thats loose passive right? haha). To be honest as pathetic as it seems my line throughout this was simply 'please dont raise'.

But hypothetically, what is my line if raised on the flop? the turn? and the river?

Should I even be betting here or should I be doing more to try to find a cheap showdown particularly on the turn.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, 1 fold, Button calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players)
Hero bets, UTG calls, MP calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (8.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
Hero bets, UTG folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

hemstock
09-13-2005, 01:06 AM
You played it the profitable way

eviljeff
09-13-2005, 01:13 AM
I don't think you can bet this river for value. they easily could have been calling f&amp;t with a lone diamond/straight draw and now are mucking. true they might call you with something lame like 88...

hemstock
09-13-2005, 01:19 AM
If he checks, someone will bet 99% of the time with anything.

milesdyson
09-13-2005, 01:34 AM
if that were true, he should always check the river.

09-13-2005, 02:11 AM
if he raises flop, call. if he raises turn, i would probably fold. i don't see you beating anything he would raise with here. if he raises river, fold. i think check/calling the river might be a better line here.

LoaferGee12
09-13-2005, 02:22 AM
If raised on flop, I'm calling and betting the turn, folding to a raise. This is in case he got liberal on the flop with a 9 or raised with a high flush draw.

If you were just called on the flop, but popped on the turn, this is an easy fold. Whether it's 2 diamonds or a 9 they have here, it crushes you.

Oh ya, and if I'm raised on the river I'm folding as well. Way too many hands beat you at this point /images/graemlins/frown.gif

deception5
09-13-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he checks, someone will bet 99% of the time with anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

A loose passive is only likely to be betting a hand that destroys him here. So if he's checking it should be to check/fold.

09-13-2005, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the input on the river, it has to be one of the most unsure bets ive ever made. And as can be seen I think it is a fairly debatable decision.

I should point out as well that my own image is that of a total maniac. I have been getting a lot of decent hands and have a player to my right CC with any 2. Following this they are calling to the river with any piece of the flop.

Twice my AKo (tho once after this) has been called down with a pair of 2s.... one 25o (CO) and one 24o BB. So its possible that I have no respect myself here.