PDA

View Full Version : 109: Opening Up Early....Rate My Play

Degen
09-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Sorry hand coverter still not working for me:

My only reads are based upon their actions in this hand.

I'm going to save any explanation for my actions until later.

Comments on all streets welcome.

***** Hand History for Game 2702180771 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Trny:15689517 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Monday, September 12, 23:58:52 EDT 2005
Table Table 11586 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 5: bull89 ( $1055 )
Seat 3: ChagiFish ( $880 )
Seat 1: Kijanda ( $975 )
Seat 6: gmml007 ( $1455 )
Seat 4: frozen58 ( $985 )
Seat 8: Brenmefc ( $1125 )
Seat 9: IprayforNoah ( $1175 )
Seat 7: ItsGonnaBme ( $990 )
Seat 2: hertzzz1 ( $420 )
Seat 10: Big_Pooch ( $940 )
Trny:15689517 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ChagiFish [ 4h 7h ]
gmml007 calls [15].
ItsGonnaBme folds.
Brenmefc calls [15].
IprayforNoah folds.
Big_Pooch calls [15].
Kijanda folds.
hertzzz1 folds..
ChagiFish calls [15].
frozen58 calls [5].
bull89 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qs, 9h, 4c ]
frozen58 checks.
bull89 checks.
gmml007 checks.
Brenmefc bets [20].
Big_Pooch folds.
ChagiFish calls [20].
frozen58 calls [20].
bull89 folds.
gmml007 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ks ]
frozen58 checks.
Brenmefc checks.
ChagiFish bets [85].

Ogre
09-13-2005, 12:29 AM
I hate the pf and flop play but I bluff with possition on the turn.

minwoo
09-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Can you really recognize the opportunity to make plays like this while 8-tabling?

Added: I only ask because I myself am working on increasing/improving postflop play while multitabling. I hear push-botting doesn't work at $109s+ /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bones
09-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Preflop is obviously a little loose, but I assume that you consider yourself a good enough post-flop player to be able to make difficult decisions if you hit a marginal hand.

On the flop is fine. If it's 50 or more, I muck, but they were nice and made it cheap.

Turn is both a good and bad card. It's an ugly card for a queen, but the weak flop lead smells like a draw, and the only legitimate draw out there is JT, which the K completes. I don't think betting the turn is awful, but I think continuing with it if you're called or raised would be.

All of this is under the assumption that you're looking to loosen up and play more pots, which obviously you are since you're playing 74s.

Ogre
09-13-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you really recognize the opportunity to make plays like this while 8-tabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont find it very hard but I choose not to make them most of the time

The Don
09-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Yay an unorthodox play... If I were to post one of these I would explain my line of reasoning at each stage of the hand. I do think it was played well overall but just posting something like this is pointless unless you do the above.

Chaostracize
09-13-2005, 01:53 AM
I disagree 100%. Love preflop. Love flop. Don't love turn, but this is definitely a good card to take the pot away. I usually check this turn, though. I probably play this too weak, but I'm calling the flop to hit the running flush or my 7 or 4.

I changed my mind. Loved every street.

pokerlaw
09-13-2005, 02:07 AM
since you are last to act, I like it. referring to to the turn of course. flop i dont play, but its not that bad since you are pretty comfortable w/ your post flop play i assume...

MegaBet
09-13-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the sole reason you can even consider making this play.

Degen
09-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Ok PF i'm thinking that I want to either A. Hit a flop big or B. Use my position to take the pot away from somebody who will fold their hand, after they've put a little money in the pot

So when this flop comes, i'm seeing a slight chance of A holding up if the right cards come down, but much more importantly, I am seeing a huge opportunity for B as this guy but a very weak bet into this pot and I see a good opportunity for this pot to be shorthanded on the turn.

The reason I call the flop is about 10%: I am on a draw and 90% I think this dude is very weak and will definately fold to pressure but I don't want to raise now and run into a monster behind me. So I smooth call to see how the action develops. One caller behind and he can't have much of a hand if he flat calls such a small bet closing the flop action.

The turn comes a brick for me, but they both check to me. If my read on the flop better was correct there is almost a 0% chance he'll call a decent bet here, and my only worry then is the caller, but I think he definately folds enuff here to make this a solid +EV play.

And as was stated, this only works IMO because of the BI. As you move up the tight-passive early strategy tends to work less and less.

Thoughts?

NegativeEV
09-13-2005, 05:35 PM
What would you do if you flopped a set on the flop?

What would you do on the turn if you were HU and the opponent bet 50-100?

If you are called by only one opponent on the turn what do you do on the river if they check?

Would you have made this play calling a raise or would you RR preflop ever?

Degen
09-13-2005, 05:43 PM
What would you do if you flopped a set on the flop?

Depends, but probably flat call as I did if it didn't look too draw heavy.

What would you do on the turn if you were HU and the opponent bet 50-100?

Depends. What would you do?

If you are called by only one opponent on the turn what do you do on the river if they check?

Depends which opponent, depends what my gut told me at that time. I wouldn't rule out a bet.

Would you have made this play calling a raise or would you RR preflop ever?

This is MTT stuff, I don't think the stacks are deep enuff for this type of thing.

So whats with all the questions? Care to provide a little feedback or insight? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NegativeEV
09-13-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So whats with all the questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just interested in more of your thought process on the hand, that's all.