PDA

View Full Version : underpair vs. loose passive

newhizzle
09-13-2005, 12:06 AM
villian is 50/0/0.6, my feeling is that he could be holding any two here looking to pair(is that an acurate assumption?)

who bets this turn?

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, hero...

bakku
09-13-2005, 12:18 AM
i'd check it down, fold if he bets the river

Bodhi
09-13-2005, 02:45 AM
I wouldn't check the turn because that gives the villain an excuse to bet anything on the river. A lot of these loose-passives call any flop bet to see if they improve on the turn, and then fold if they don't. The Ace is actually a good card for your fold equity. Bet the turn, and check/fold the river if he's still there or donks.

W. Deranged
09-13-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't check the turn because that gives the villain an excuse to bet anything on the river. A lot of these loose-passives call any flop bet to see if they improve on the turn, and then fold if they don't. The Ace is actually a good card for your fold equity. Bet the turn, and check/fold the river if he's still there or donks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a nice assessment. These LPs will do as Bodhi says, and my experience would suggest you'll get a fold here maybe 30% of the time. If you are called, just don't make the mistake of betting the river here. A is nice for fold equity as occassionally a hand like 99 or even a J might fold here as well.