PDA

View Full Version : WPT and Cardplayer Magazine

travisand
04-30-2003, 05:45 PM
I posted this in the General forum but I thought I would post it here also.

I just wanted to let you know that if you actually want to watch the final WPT at the Bellagio when it airs on television not to read Cardplayer magazine. The editors article lists the winner in the title.

I was very upset when I saw this. I was actually looking foward to watching the event on television. I agree that Cardplayer magazine has to report on such things but I think they could do it in a way that if you didn't want to know who won you wouldn't have to. They could put up a little warning or something that tells you they are going to list the outcome of an event in the article before you read the article.

Anybody else have any ideas on this?

Porcupine
04-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the warning.

<font color="#666666"> They could put up a little warning or something that tells you they are going to list the outcome of an event in the article before you read the article</font color>

I agree - like (ESPN) SportsCenter when they say "We're about to put the results of &lt;blah blah&gt; event on the screen so turn away if you're planning on watching it (in suspense) at 7 pm"

TimTimSalabim
04-30-2003, 07:02 PM
I think it's different when it's going to be months before something is aired, as opposed to a few hours. Did anyone complain when they put the picture of Varkonyi on the cover last year?

Easy E
05-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Since all of the winners of various tournaments in the WPT show were displayed..... also, don't read back issues

travisand
05-01-2003, 02:30 AM
I knew that the WPT events and winners were going to be well covered in Cardplayer magazine. It was my own idiot fault for reading it in the first place if I didn't want to know. I was just in a bad mood when I posted this and got a little carried away.

And besides, I forget everything that I read in a matter of hours anyway. If the Bellagio tournament is aired tomorrow I will have forgotten the winner already.

TimTimSalabim
05-01-2003, 02:36 AM
I know who wins, who finishes 2nd, 3rd, etc., and I know how some of the key hands play out. But I'll still be watching because I think it will be some of the best poker ever on TV.

Easy E
05-01-2003, 09:16 AM
it's poker and it' son TV, the wasteland of entertainment.

RichardG
05-01-2003, 05:36 PM