PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a big leak I have

swiftrhett
09-12-2005, 09:29 PM
I tend to do things like this too often. I don't want to raise too much with AKo because I want to induce a bet. I believe that the solution is to just make a bet of 200 post flop and fold if it is raised. Should I just push the AK?

$22 SNG -- Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 3: Drainlife (2095)
Seat 6: yorhett (1540)
Seat 9: No_Skillz_ (1300)
Seat 10: Badabum (3065)
yorhett posts small blind (100)
No_Skillz_ posts big blind (200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to yorhett [ Ks, Ac ]
Badabum folds.
Drainlife folds.
yorhett raises (300) to 400
No_Skillz_ calls (200)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 4s, Qd, 3c ]
yorhett bets (1140)
yorhett is all-In.
No_Skillz_ calls (900)
No_Skillz_ is all-In.

pergesu
09-12-2005, 09:34 PM
I push the AK preflop

applejuicekid
09-12-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I push the AK preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too

octaveshift
09-12-2005, 09:43 PM
With blinds this high, and such a small stack, you really don't want to entice "action" with AK.

You have to push this preflop.

tom441lbk
09-12-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With blinds this high, and such a small stack, you really don't want to entice "action" with AK.

You have to push this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy shat batman, push stat!

lastchance
09-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Push preflop.

When your stack, or the biggest stack of your active opponents (people who haven't folded preflop yet) < 10x BB = Poosh/fold.

Folding is really dumb, so pushing is good. Don't worry about inducing a call, they will come, and AK just isn't AA or KK.

curtains
09-12-2005, 09:57 PM
important tip to remember....AK is NOT THAT GOOD A HAND!!! One of its main values is by going allin preflop and making someone fold, or getting called and being only a slight underdog or a signifigant favorite. Making a small raise to suck someone in with a call is not such a great result because you will miss the flop so often.

Im oversimplifying things, but please remember that AK is simply not that great a hand by any means. Tyring to find creative ways to slowplay it on the bubble with high blinds, is a bit crazy.

octaveshift
09-12-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
important tip to remember....AK is NOT THAT GOOD A HAND!!! One of its main values is by going allin preflop and making someone fold, or getting called and being only a slight underdog or a signifigant favorite. Making a small raise to suck someone in with a call is not such a great result because you will miss the flop so often.

Im oversimplifying things, but please remember that AK is simply not that great a hand by any means. Tyring to find creative ways to slowplay it on the bubble with high blinds, is a bit crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was getting at, but was too lazy to type. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

To the OP: AK is just ace high, unless you catch something. If you think of it as a drawing hand instead of a "made" hand, I think you'll find it will become more profitable for you.