PDA

View Full Version : Define loose???

Jeffro
04-30-2003, 04:39 PM
I see the term getting thrown around all the time, but looking for what people define as loose. I play mostly online 2-4 at Paradise and just recently on Party, for the most part these games almost never meet my requirements for loose. In my mind when you get 5 or more people seeing just about every pot, I can term this game as loose, but I almost never see these conditions above a .50-1 game online. Can I get others feeback or am I just playing the wrong sites.

Inthacup
04-30-2003, 04:51 PM
Loose depends on whether you're talking about a particular player or an entire table.

Player: A person who enters many pots preflop(can be passive or aggressive). Also, postflop, this player will play hands like mid and bottom pair till the turn, river, showdown, whatever.

Table: Loose passive-When several players(3+ outside the blinds) see a flop for 1 bet several times each orbit.
Loose aggressive-Several players see the flop(3+ outside blinds) but are willing to raise/3-bet with hands that the passives would only limp or cold call with(AQ, JJ, 10 10 etc.)

That's my understanding of the word. I leave it to the others to correct or elaborate on my definition.