PDA

View Full Version : AA ON A TRICKY FLOP

09-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Villan checks to me. Theres 1000 in the pot I have 2200 left. I definatly want to take the hand down here on the flop if possible. Theres a spade draw there and a lot of turn cards could be dangerous if my opponet was holding j 10 or something like that. I want to make a pot size bet but that leaves me 1200. Realisticly theres only two cards in the deck that can beat me my opponent surly would have reraised with qq. Should I just pust here.?

Blinds:(75/150) - 2005/09/12 - 20:09:18 (ET)
Table '12485351 1' Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: GrimReaper70 (2860 in chips)
Seat 2: PeglegMcgee (1050 in chips)
Seat 4: <font color="red"> Hero </font> (2650 in chips)
Seat 5: morgdogg4 (2695 in chips)
Seat 7: rpm-inc (1330 in chips)
Seat 8: airbear30 (2915 in chips)
rpm-inc: posts small blind 75
airbear30: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to <font color="red">Hero </font> [A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif]
GrimReaper70: folds
PeglegMcgee: folds
color:red] Hero </font> : raises 300 to 450
morgdogg4: folds
rpm-inc: folds
airbear30: calls 300
*** FLOP *** [9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q : /images/graemlins/spade.gif
airbear30: checks

bones
09-12-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I definatly want to take the hand down here on the flop if possible

[/ QUOTE ]

So...push? Some people are comfortable playing in difficult situations (seeing the turn here would qualify) in order to extract maximum value. Some people aren't. If you fall into the latter category, push. If the former is the case, I'd make a sizeable bet here, hoping to keep a Q in the hand but making it incorrect for 2 spades or some other draw to call.

09-12-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So...push? Some people are comfortable playing in difficult situations (seeing the turn here would qualify) in order to extract maximum value.

[/ QUOTE ]

But surly in a tournament situation you should except a smaller expected value in return for less risk. Doesnt Sklansky advocate this in TPFAP

09-12-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So...push? Some people are comfortable playing in difficult situations (seeing the turn here would qualify) in order to extract maximum value.

[/ QUOTE ]

But surly in a tournament situation you should except a smaller expected value in return for less risk. Doesnt Sklansky advocate this in TPFAP

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes the most cautious play is the most aggressive.

09-12-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes the most cautious play is the most aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure I understand what you mean by this. Could you explain it further please. How does it apply ti this particular hand?

Thanks

lorinda
09-12-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure I understand what you mean by this. Could you explain it further please. How does it apply ti this particular hand?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

By shoving all your chips in and making him fold (apart from when he has a nine) you are actually taking the safer road than by betting small and trying to get paid a bit on every street.

Lori