PDA

View Full Version : QQ on scary board

rigoletto
04-30-2003, 03:10 PM
5/10 online

I raise UTG with Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif, only the blinds call.

flop: 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

bet, raise, I coldcall, raise, call, call

turn: 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

bet, call, raise, call, call

river: K /forums/images/icons/club.gif

check, check, check

Homer
04-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Flop - I would either three-bet or fold, and take it from there. If you decide to continue with the hand, I think you should definitely three-bet. For an extra small bet you gain a lot of additional information.

Turn - Again, I might fold depending on my read. If you are going to continue then I think you should raise as you did, and fold to a three-bet.

River - I agree

-- Homer

lil'
04-30-2003, 04:23 PM
Did you call the raise on the flop planning to raise the turn all along? I might feel safer doing that holding K-K or A-A. There are too many cards I don't want to see on the turn with Q-Q. I would try to get that SB out now with a re-raise.

The 7 on the turn was actually a pretty good card for you, so I like the raise there. It all worked out.

elysium
04-30-2003, 05:10 PM
hi rig
you have a value bet here, but a check-down is reasonable. either way here really, but you do have a +ev situation by betting. if you're raised by a non-tricky opponent, you can fold.

rigoletto
05-02-2003, 04:02 PM
3-betting the flop would be my default play. I had a hunch this time (was up against loose bad players) and planned to raise the turn

As for raising for information. I play very agressive and these guys had seen me raise hands like KQo and T9s in EP. Once this happens my raises often get little respect (this is where I change gears).

I agree on your turn assesment.

rigoletto
05-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Yes I planned to raise the turn all along.

rigoletto
05-02-2003, 04:04 PM
I completely agree it was wimpy to check