PDA

View Full Version : From small pot to big pot

Justin A
09-12-2005, 05:45 PM
I think this one might be really bad. Please don't make fun of me.

Party 10/20. CO is 52/18/2

Someone limps in EP, I limp with T /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Two more limpers behind me, blinds complete and check.

Flop is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.(6 SB)
Checked around.

Turn is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif giving me a double gutter. (3 BB)
BB bets, EP folds, I call, CO1 calls, CO raises, BB 3bets, I call, CO1 calls, CO caps, all call.

River is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Checked to me, bet or check?

Both turn decisions might be awful. What thinks you?

droolie
09-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Fold the turn. The pot is tiny, the board is paired, your not closing the action (bit your butt this time) and some of your outs put three flush on the board and none of your str8's are the nuts.

Seeing as how you made it to the river I'd C/R. CO checks this through like never.

09-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Definitely fold the turn, but since you didn't, make use of hitting your draw on the river and bet the hell out of it. I'm not sure if a check-raise is necessary, judging by the previous streets, you have a lot of aggressive players who are going to call/bet/raise anything.

gh9801
09-12-2005, 06:09 PM
You don't even know if your outs of clean. A flush draw out there, pair on the board... The pot is also not very big, you don't want to be the first to call this turn bet. I'd fold both times

SeaEagle
09-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Most of the time at 10/20, you're not going to have enough limpers to limp 2nd in w/ T9. It'll really suck when the button raises and you're paying 2 bets to be in a 3-way pot with that hand. But it looks like your table might be LAPpy enough for the limp to be OK (at least it was in this case).

Good flop.

Fold the turn for 1 bet. Fold it when it comes back to you for 2 more bets. I'm not even sure you have the odds at 17-1 to call the last bet. You might be drawing dead and the Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is probably not winning for you.

River. I'd check/raise 1 and call a 3-bet. If it's 2 bets to you, I'd just call and if it comes back capped you probably have to call 2 more because the pot is ginormous even though you're almost never winning. Normally, I like to bet out and go for a 3-bet when I make my draw in a big field but I think you're behind enough that you don't want to put in 3 bets and have to call a cap.

aK13
09-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Something wrong here. You know better than to call the turn. Twice.