PDA

View Full Version : a good story

01-18-2002, 05:25 PM
This story was called into G. Gordon Liddy's talk show:

One evening a man hear's noises coming from his back yard. He investigates and discovers two strange men rummaging in his workshop. He hurries back into the house and calls the police. "There are two guys burglerizing my workshop right now. If you hurry over here right now you can catch them both." He gives the dispatcher his address, and then is told by the officer on the other end of the line: "We don't have any patrol cards in the area right now. As soon as we do we'll send one of them right over."

The man hangs up and waits about 1 1/2 minutes. He calls the police station back and says to the dispatcher: "You know that report I made a little while ago about the two burglers? Well you can disregard my call. I just shot them both." In 5 minutes there are four police cars in his front yard with lights flashing. The police catch the two thieves, handcuff them and put them into the back of one of the cars. The commander comes over to the man and says, "Hey, I thought you said you shot these guys?" The man says to the commander: "Yeah, and I thought you said you didn't have any patrol cars in the area?"

01-20-2002, 01:20 PM