PDA

View Full Version : PLaying KTs

SoBeDude
04-30-2003, 02:26 PM
Fairly loose but not aggressive online game.

I have KTs in late MP.

UTG+2 open-raises, next player calls.

On this table I can expect at least one more caller, and no reraise. I feel very confident of this.

Is this a call or a fold?

Thanks for any input!

-Scott

Mikey
04-30-2003, 02:35 PM
you fold and you fold Fast!

Homer
04-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Is UTG+2 typically non-aggressive as the table in general is, or is he more aggressive. If he is typically passive, then a raise from UTG+2 signifies a big hand. To play KTs against this I would want more coldcallers than you anticipate (5-6 other players in the hand).

-- Homer

tewall
04-30-2003, 02:47 PM
When you say "at least one more caller", how many does that mean? If it means rarely just one more, usually two more and often 3 more then calling is probably a little +EV.

What MP+2 would open-raise would also be a factor to consider, but not so important in this case as the most important factor is getting any cheaply with many people seeing the flop.

SoBeDude
04-30-2003, 03:10 PM
When you say "at least one more caller", how many does that mean? If it means rarely just one more, usually two more and often 3 more then calling is probably a little +EV.

In this case I felt certain someone would call after me. I did not feel I'd get 3 more callers though.

I usually muck in this spot and I did this time too. and of course the flop came T-high rainbow, with another T on the turn...

Winner had two pair and the second pair was a pretty weak pairing of the board.

-Scott

ResidentParanoid
04-30-2003, 03:52 PM
I fold easily preflop.

The actual flop is one of the only situations you can continue in, and it's not that good: T high flop (and a draw of some kind would be nice too). If you hit your K for one pair and no draw, you have a bad situation.

Tyler Durden
04-30-2003, 03:52 PM

lil'
04-30-2003, 04:42 PM
You would fold in less than a second if it wasn't suited. I don't think the fact that it is suited should make much difference.

MarkD
04-30-2003, 07:05 PM
For me this is an easy fold. Not close.