PDA

View Full Version : Test your random knowledge vs other OOTers

RiverFenix
09-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Below are 10 random questions involving math, sports, history, etc. Once you open this thread and read the questions you should answer them asap to the best of your knowledge (no google please). It shouldnt take more than 5 minutes to do this and there is no partial credit.

RiverFenix
09-12-2005, 04:56 PM
1) _____ gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film?

2) _____ is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between ______ & _______ ?

4) The capital of Honduras is ______ ?

5) ________ (short answer) is the difference between a googol and a googolplex?

6) _____ & ______ were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw _____ at each other?

8) _______ lead Cuba before the current leader, Castro, came into power.

9) ______ won a highschool, college, & nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

10) ______ is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese?

RiverFenix
09-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Yikes, I was expecting this to be more popular.... does it need more gimmies?

tdarko
09-12-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does it need more gimmies?

[/ QUOTE ]
no, it needs to be less like school.

your post sucks ass.

offTopic
09-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Beats me...I M dumb.

1) <font color="white"> Marlon Brando </font> gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film?

2) <font color="white"> Poe </font> is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between <font color="white">1965 </font> &amp; <font color="white"> 1967 </font> ?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between <font color="white">Green Bay </font> &amp; <font color="white"> Kansas City </font> ?

4) The capital of Honduras is <font color="white"> hell if I know...Honduras? </font> ?

5) <font color="white"> an IPO </font> (short answer) is the difference between a googol and a googolplex?

6) <font color="white"> Patton </font> &amp; <font color="white"> Rommel </font> were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw <font color="white"> tomatoes </font> at each other?

8) <font color="white"> ??? </font> lead Cuba before the current leader, Castro, came into power.

9) <font color="white"> Magic Johnson </font> won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

10) <font color="white"> Drunken idiocy </font> is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese?

Dynasty
09-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey, Mad Libs! I haven't done those in about twenty years.

1) <font color="red">Mia Johnson</font> gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film?

2) <font color="red">Joey</font> is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between <font color="red">Chipotle</font> &amp; <font color="red">Kentucky Fried Chicken</font> ?

4) The capital of Honduras is <font color="red">Hogwarts</font> ?

5) <font color="red">69</font> (short answer) is the difference between a googol and a googolplex?

6) <font color="red">Mat Sklansky</font> &amp; <font color="red">perverts</font> were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw <font color="red">sharts</font> at each other?

8) <font color="red">TheSaltCracka</font> lead Cuba before the current leader, Castro, came into power.

9) <font color="red">Alizee</font> won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

10) <font color="red">SIIHP</font> is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese?

Meh. That's the problem with Mad Libs. Only a couple of them end up being funny.

Edge34
09-12-2005, 05:30 PM
1) I don't know
2) I don't know offhand.
3) Green Bay and KC.
4) I don't know offhand.
5) Ask Bison.
6) Hell if I know.
7) Tomatoes.
8) Che Guevara?
9) Magic.
10) Empty band or something like that.

lucas9000
09-12-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, Mad Libs! I haven't done those in about twenty years.

1) <font color="red">Mia Johnson</font> gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film?

2) <font color="red">Joey</font> is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between <font color="red">Chipotle</font> &amp; <font color="red">Kentucky Fried Chicken</font> ?

4) The capital of Honduras is <font color="red">Hogwarts</font> ?

5) <font color="red">69</font> (short answer) is the difference between a googol and a googolplex?

6) <font color="red">Mat Sklansky</font> &amp; <font color="red">perverts</font> were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw <font color="red">sharts</font> at each other?

8) <font color="red">TheSaltCracka</font> lead Cuba before the current leader, Castro, came into power.

9) <font color="red">Alizee</font> won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

10) <font color="red">SIIHP</font> is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese?

Meh. That's the problem with Mad Libs. Only a couple of them end up being funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

easily potd.

shant
09-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Batista

pryor15
09-12-2005, 05:35 PM
fine, i'll try...

1. your question isn't specific enough, but i think the answer is judi dench
2. mark twain
3. GB &amp; i have no idea
4. i used to know that
5. a goodolplex has more screens showing the same movie
6. no clue
7. tomatoes
8. che guevara isn't right, but it's the first name i thought of
9. magic johnson
10. to sing badly

do i win?

KramerTM
09-12-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Anthony Hopkins gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film?

2) _____ is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between Green Bay &amp; Kansas City ?

4) The capital of Honduras is Tegucigalpa ?

5) [googolplex is a 1 with a googol zeroes following it[/b](short answer) is the difference between a googol and a googolplex?

6) _____ &amp; ______ were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw _____ at each other?

8) Batista lead Cuba before the current leader, Castro, came into power.

9) ______ won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

10) without orchrestra is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese?

[/ QUOTE ]

ClassicBob
09-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Without googling or looking at other posts in thread.

1. Judi Dench
2. Robert Frost
3. Green Bay Packers &amp; Kansas City Chiefs
4. No idea.
5. one million zeroes
6. eek.
7. Tomatoes
8. again, no idea.
9. Magic Johnson
10. Singing(?)

Tom1975
09-12-2005, 05:48 PM
6. Rommel and Patton?
9. Magic Johnson?

Dynasty
09-12-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
6. Rommel and Patton?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Rommel and Montgomery.

bobman0330
09-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Rommel &amp; Montgomery

gorie
09-12-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm dumb because this is the only one i think i know:
a googol is a 1 with 100 zeros behind it
a googolplex is 1 with a googol zeros behind it.
at least i think that's right.

RiverFenix
09-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Top individual score is 4, collectively its ~6/10 answered.

wayabvpar
09-12-2005, 06:01 PM
1) Marlon Brando gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film?

2) O Henry is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between Green Bay&amp; Kansas City ?

4) The capital of Honduras is Tegucigalpa (sp?) ?

5) A googolplex is a googol squared(short answer) is the difference between a googol and a googolplex?

6) Rommell&amp; Montgomery were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw tomatoes at each other?

9) Tim Duncan won a high school, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

10) sing along is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese?

Posted without seeing the other answers...

jojobinks
09-12-2005, 06:02 PM
1) Brando gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film?

2) Hawthorne is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between Pckers &amp; Chiefs?

5) 1000 zeros and a million zeroes, respectively(short answer) is the difference between a googol and a googolplex?

6) _____ &amp; ______ were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw tomatoes at each other?

9) ______ won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

mmbt0ne
09-12-2005, 06:04 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm. Tom Hanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Benjamin Franklin, he did everything else.

3) The first Super Bowl was held between ______ &amp; _______ ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Green Bay Packers and KC Chiefs

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]. It's something crazy like Tagiculupala.

[/ QUOTE ]

A hundred zeros I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what this is. Napolean and McArthur. I figure if I go different eras I have a better chance at getting one right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomatoes

[/ QUOTE ]

No Idea. Mr. Estefan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Magic Johnson

[/ QUOTE ]

Tone Deaf

RiverFenix
09-12-2005, 06:05 PM
#2 &amp; #10 havent been answered, but #10 has been very close to answered

Alobar
09-12-2005, 06:06 PM
wow, I knew 2. These questions sucked

YourFoxyGrandma
09-12-2005, 06:11 PM
I know zero of these.

Edge34
09-12-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#2 &amp; #10 havent been answered, but #10 has been very close to answered

[/ QUOTE ]

As for #10, the word is derived from Kara (empty, as in the empty hand of Kara-te), and Oke. Now, since I don't know specifically what Oke means, it must mean empty band or orchestra. I'm lost if that's wrong.

Is #2 Emily Dickinson? The name just popped in my head, sounded right...

kgrad5
09-12-2005, 06:12 PM
#2 - steven king (gotta love the shawshank redemption)

Dudd
09-12-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) _____ gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film? No clue.

2) _____ is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story? Poe?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between ______ &amp; _______ ? Green Bay and KC.

4) The capital of Honduras is ______ ? no clue

5) ________ (short answer) is the difference between a googol and a googolplex? no clue

6) _____ &amp; ______ were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein. Rommel and Patton?

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw _____ at each other? tomatoes

8) _______ lead Cuba before the current leader, Castro, came into power. Batista

9) ______ won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career. no clue

10) ______ is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese? sing along?

[/ QUOTE ]

private joker
09-12-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As for #10, the word is derived from Kara (empty, as in the empty hand of Kara-te), and Oke. Now, since I don't know specifically what Oke means, it must mean empty band or orchestra. I'm lost if that's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I believe it's empty orchestra. Either that, or "drunk girl thinks she's Madonna."

jedi
09-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Okay, I haven't looked at the responses yet, and I'm sure I"ll suck.

Tatum O'Neal

Hemingway?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between ______ &amp; _______ ?
Green Bay Packers and K.C. Chiefs

Quito

Googol is 1 followed by 100 zeroes, googolplex is a movie theater with 1 followed by 100 zeroes worth of screens

Patton and Rommel

Peppers?

IKE did, but no one outside of the CIA knows it.

Wilt Chamberlain

Empty Word

Edge34
09-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Quito is the capital of Ecuador.

fnurt
09-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Lansing is the capital of Michigan.

Ulysses
09-12-2005, 06:37 PM
2) O Henry or Poe
3) Green Bay &amp; someone
4) Tegucigalpa
7) Tomatoes
9) Magic

TimTimSalabim
09-12-2005, 06:44 PM
1) Danny Devito gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film.

2) John Hancock is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story.

3) The first Super Bowl was held between one goalpost &amp; the other .

4) The capital of Honduras is overcrowded .

5) Plex (short answer) is the difference between a googol and a googolplex.

6) El &amp; Alamein were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw insults at each other.

8) Mr. Hand lead Cuba before the current leader, Castro, came into power.

9) Some really tall dude won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

10) Karaoke is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese.

How'd I do?

09-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Definitely.

ClaytonN
09-12-2005, 07:05 PM
1) I've heard this before, I think it's Brando
2) Twain? Bah I dunno
3) Packers &amp; Chiefs
4) Teguchigalpa, don't ask me how I know
5) googol is 1 + 100 zeros, googoolplex is something like 100x that
6) El Alamein is where the Brit general Montgomery defeated Rommel, in Africa.
7) Dont they throw tomatos?
8) Its a common Spanish last name... crap.
9) Wow this is a good question. Dunno.
10) I think it's empty chorus

2+2 wannabe
09-12-2005, 07:07 PM
2. I should know this....steinbeck?
3. green bay and ... washington?!?
5. googolplex is googol squared
7. tomatoes
8. batista
9. kareem abdul-jabbar

the rest I have no clue

RiverFenix
09-12-2005, 07:13 PM
1) Anthony Hopkins
2) Washington Irving
3) Green bay packers &amp; Kansas City chiefs
4) Tegucigalpa
5) 1 followed by 10^100 zeroes is a googolplex a googol has 100 zeroes
after the 1
6) Montgomery and Rommel
7) Tomatoes
8) Fulgencio Batista
9) Magic Johnson
10) Empty Orchestra

Dominic
09-12-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) __Anthony Hopkins___ gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film?

2) __JamesFenimore Cooper___ is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between Chiefs____ &amp; ____Packers___ ?

4) The capital of Honduras is _Honduras_____ ?

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw ___tomatos__ at each other?

8) __Batista_____ lead Cuba before the current leader, Castro, came into power.

9) __Larry Bird____ won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

[/ QUOTE ]

theben
09-12-2005, 07:29 PM
i get a 0

theben
09-12-2005, 07:31 PM
what he said

WackityWhiz
09-12-2005, 07:47 PM
gawd, i knew number 7... thanks for making me feel dumb

PorscheNGuns
09-13-2005, 07:39 PM
1) The wife from Network gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film?

2) Jack London is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between GB &amp; ?? ?

4) The capital of Honduras is Nicaragua ?

5) Plex is the difference between a googol and a googolplex?

6) Rommel &amp; Montgomery were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw Bull Testicles at each other?

9) Some spearchucker won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

10) Fun is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese?

JustDerek
09-13-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) <font color="red"> Jack Nicholson </font> gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film

2) <font color="red"> Mark Twain </font> is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story

3) The first Super Bowl was held between <font color="red"> Green Bay</font> &amp; <font color="red">Kansas City </font>

4) The capital of Honduras is <font color="red"> La Paz? </font>

5) <font color="red"> Lack of repetition </font> (short answer) is the difference between a googol and a googolplex?

6) <font color="red"> El Cid </font> &amp; <font color="red"> El Cid Vicious</font> were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw <font color="red"> paella </font> at each other?

8) <font color="red"> Bautista </font> lead Cuba before the current leader, Castro, came into power.

9) <font color="red"> Steve Francis </font> won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

10) <font color="red"> Drunk singing </font> is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese?

[/ QUOTE ]

newhizzle
09-13-2005, 08:35 PM
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?,?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?,?
7. [censored]?
8. ?
9. micheal jordan?
10. ?

hedxcold
09-13-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Danny Devito gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film.

2) John Hancock is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story.

3) The first Super Bowl was held between one goalpost &amp; the other .

4) The capital of Honduras is overcrowded .

5) Plex (short answer) is the difference between a googol and a googolplex.

6) El &amp; Alamein were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw insults at each other.

8) Mr. Hand lead Cuba before the current leader, Castro, came into power.

9) Some really tall dude won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

10) Karaoke is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese.

How'd I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

for 3 i would have went with saturday and monday

jakethebake
09-13-2005, 08:43 PM
When I saw this I first read it as Test your random knowlege of other 00Ters. That would be a much better thread.

deadmoney98
09-14-2005, 12:07 AM
3- GB and KC
4- Tegucigalpa
5- a factor of ten
7- tomatoes
8- Fulgencio Batista

kyro
09-14-2005, 12:17 AM
2. Errr, Hemingway. I have no idea.
3. Chiefs and...Packers?
4. Tegucigalpa
5. A googol is 1 followed by 100 zeroes. A googolplex is 1 followed by a googol zeroes.

So the consensus is I'm stupid.

imported_anacardo
09-14-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1)Dunno gave the shortest performance to win a leading Oscar for a film?

2) Poe? is considered to be the first American writer to have a sucessful short story?

3) The first Super Bowl was held between Green Bay &amp; Kansas City ?

4) The capital of Honduras is Tegucigalpa (sp?) ?

One followed by 100 zeros vs. one followed by 1 googol zeros.

6) Rommel &amp; Montgomery were the two Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein.

7) Each year in Buñol, Spain participants in the traditional food fight throw tomatoes? at each other?

9) Magic Johnson won a highschool, college, &amp; nba championship all within 4 years of his career.

10)No idea is the meaning of the word "karaoke" in Japanese?

[/ QUOTE ]