PDA

View Full Version : TwoPlusTwo on Pokerstars

CCass
09-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Who is the genius with TwoPlusTwo as their screen name on Pokerstars?

Whoever it is was playing 1/2 NL last night, but they never responded to me.

tdarko
09-12-2005, 06:11 PM
yeah i know this guy his name is Two Two, his middle name is Plus.

Edge34
09-12-2005, 07:09 PM
To be fair:

1) How many people are going to see that SN and go internet searching for this place? As long as he's not spouting about Sklansky, the problem is nil, because...

2) Two plus two, the most basic math problem people think of. Just really simple. Which is most likely what 99% of the fishies will think, if they even bother to think.

fnurt
09-12-2005, 07:51 PM
There is kind of this fantasy scenario that someday the online fish of the world will discover 2+2 en masse and suddenly they will learn all our +EV secrets and make the entire game unprofitable. Right, I'm sure they'll learn a lot from all the "should I fold AA preflop?" threads.

There is a ton of poker literature out there, a ton of information about poker on the internet, and a lot of it happens to point to 2+2, so we're not exactly a huge secret. The fact is, the vast majority of the fish don't go to these sources not because the information is so closely guarded, but because they simply don't care enough to work on improving their game.

colgin
09-12-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who is the genius with TwoPlusTwo as their screen name on Pokerstars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a cool name to me.

CCass
09-12-2005, 11:04 PM
I never said I didn't want the fish to find out about 2p2. Players that have the discipline and desire to get better will, whether they find 2p2 or not.

It just doesn't seem like there is any originality to the name.

fnurt
09-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Fair enough, but when the world of online poker features names like "oopsicrappedmypants" and the like, it seems like originality might be a mixed blessing.

highlife
09-13-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough, but when the world of online poker features names like "oopsicrappedmypants" and the like, it seems like originality might be a mixed blessing.

[/ QUOTE ]

how bad is it that i LOL'd to that name for at least two minutes?

JihadOnTheRiver
09-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Guys, I got some really bad news. 2+2 is not a secret. Do you have any clue how many people just lurk here and not post? Don't worry, your "+EV" secrets are going to be ok. You'll still dominate the .5/1 tables.