PDA

View Full Version : Opponents Play: Good, Bad Or Borderline?

bkm
09-12-2005, 03:51 PM
$10+1 Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t4950)
Hero (t3050)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Button calls t250, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t3050 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t2550.

My opponent had been playing a good, aggressive game. So, I was rather surprised when he called with 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

My initial response was that he misclicked or made a really stupid move. But, assuming that he didn't misclick, was it a stupid move? SNGPT says he should've pushed. But, I guess, he wanted to see a cheap flop, but was willing to call any raise.

He can figure that if I don't have an overpair or have him dominated he's going to win about 35% of the time. So, about 1 out of 3 times he wins the SNG this hand. 2 out of 3 times he loses the hand, but still has nearly 2000 chips and 1 double up nearly even things up. So, it may not be a bad move, but is it a good move or just an OK move that fits his aggressive style of play?

pergesu
09-12-2005, 03:56 PM
"People wear black socks with tennis shoes. It's senseless. But it's even more senseless to wonder why they do it... especially if you're a black-socks salesman."

MegaBet
09-12-2005, 03:59 PM
If you have to ask this question I'm amazed you even made it to heads up!

It was a spite call, nothing more.

Nicholasp27
09-12-2005, 04:54 PM
he can push first in pot with +ev for any2, but that's due to the bump he gets due to FE

calling with any 2 is just dumb, as he lost all that ev from you folding and him getting 750 more chips and keeping u from getting those 750 chips

downtown
09-12-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"People wear black socks with tennis shoes. It's senseless. But it's even more senseless to wonder why they do it... especially if you're a black-socks salesman."

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I reserve the right to steal this excellent post.

jon462
09-12-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very nice.

pergesu
09-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Just like to mention that's not my quote. Here's Irie's full post (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1189087&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)