PDA

View Full Version : Good time to convert US to CA $?

AlexSem
09-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Hiya.

I am in Canada, yes... So naturally I need Canadian currency to continue my existence. The question is - when should I convert my US dollars from poker to CA dollars?

I heard the worth of the US dollar is at a real low, which is obviously no good since I'd like as many CA dollars as possible. Any advice you folks can give me?

Thanks in advance.

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm sorry, but i could never convert a good ol' greenback to something that has hockey players on it.

touchfaith
09-12-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hiya.

I am in Canada, yes... So naturally I need Canadian currency to continue my existence. The question is - when should I convert my US dollars from poker to CA dollars?

I heard the worth of the US dollar is at a real low, which is obviously no good since I'd like as many CA dollars as possible. Any advice you folks can give me?

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

CA stands for California.

phage
09-12-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hiya.

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Only if you are an idiot.

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hiya.

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is ironic, when you look at your location.

phage
09-12-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hiya.

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is ironic, when you look at your location.

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but I also happen to be Canadian...I get the best of both worlds /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jackdaniels
09-12-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hiya.

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are pretty much screwed my friend. I am in the same boat (and equally screwed). I know you should NOT do it at a bank. Call some exchange places and see what rate they can give you. Also, do your exchange all at once as the more money you change the better rate you get (the better rates start upwards of 10k USD I believe).

Ideally, there would be a way to pool our collective funds together, get the BEST exchange rate possible and then divide the Canadian dollars on a rpo rated basis. Any Canadian banking gurus out there with suggestions on how to do this? Also, since we are on topic, I know that TD bank employees get a preffered exchange rate - any TD employees wanna share this service with me?

Hope this helps.

krimson
09-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Now is a bad time. Check www.xe.com (http://www.xe.com) for currency rate information. The US dollar is on a downswing.

Also, you can get better (ie: closer to actual) rates if you EFT through Party Poker as opposed to EFT'ing out of Neteller.

Felipe
09-12-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but i could never convert a good ol' greenback to something that has hockey players on it.

[/ QUOTE ] you don't need cash money to have money. most of it is conceptual and or digital(ized) anyways.

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] you don't need cash money to have money. most of it is conceptual and or digital(ized) anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are taking me (and OOT) way too seriously.

AlexSem
09-12-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now is a bad time. Check www.xe.com (http://www.xe.com) for currency rate information. The US dollar is on a downswing.

Also, you can get better (ie: closer to actual) rates if you EFT through Party Poker as opposed to EFT'ing out of Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know the difference in rates between EFT'ing through party as opposed to Neteller?

Someone suggested doing it through a bank, can someone explain how that works? My money's currently in partypoker. What do I do from here?