PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 NL live--9d10d

tdarko
09-12-2005, 03:14 PM
9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifin the CO. two limpers to me, i raise it to $40, folded to the BB who calls, one limper folds other calls.

i have been playing very aggressive and raising with a lot of hands.

the limper is a tight aggressive old man that never gets out of line.

the BB is a young guy about my age, he is a good player and i respect him.

i have $5700 and they both cover me.

flop (J /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) (pot 145)

BB bets 75, limper calls, Hero raises to 295?, BB calls, limper folds.

turn ( J /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif)(pot 590)
BB checks, Hero checks.

river (J /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)(pot 590)
BB checks, Hero bets 300?

here are my quesions and thoughts:

was the flop raise bad? was i committing myself to the pot, meaning that if the limper (TAG) comes back over the top then what do i do?

i think taking the free card on the turn was good, any comments?

the river bet?

lapoker17
09-12-2005, 03:23 PM
You don't need a free card - you made your hand. Bet the turn.

Flop raise is fine.

Slappz
09-12-2005, 03:25 PM
That ace keeps changing suits.

Logik
09-12-2005, 03:26 PM
How did the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif turn into the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the river? Which was it?

tdarko
09-12-2005, 03:32 PM
my fault it was the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif the entire time sorry for screw up. the diamond came on the river.

this is why i hate posting live hands, cant copy and paste. i always screw them up /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

i would still like help with the hand though.

tdarko
09-12-2005, 03:35 PM
i can't even edit it, it says Ace of hearts in the OP but posts a diamond. sorry for the inconvenience, its being screwy for some reason. i will keep trying.

09-13-2005, 12:43 PM
I like the reraise. It might be a little big, but that's not a huge problem. I like raising more on the river though.

pokerjoker
09-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Does anyone else like a bigger river bet ~400 here. He probably has the jack with a decent kicker and I doubt he would check a fullhouse here. Hero isint playing this like a completely obvious flushdraw either.

integrate
09-13-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't need a free card - you made your hand. Bet the turn.

Flop raise is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

AdamBragar
09-13-2005, 04:05 PM
I'd bet 500 on the river hoping a Jack calls you. If your reraised you can fold it.

I'd say I'd check the turn 80 percent of the time, but if I felt like I wasn't getting checkraised on the turn, there are times I'm betting 400 on the turn.

tdarko
09-13-2005, 04:35 PM
what is my play if the limper (TAG) comes back over the top on the flop?

TheWorstPlayer
09-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Do you mean if he pushes 5K into the 1K pot? Or just re-raises normally, say, to 1K straight?

edge
09-13-2005, 04:51 PM
If TAG limper comes over the top on the flop, he has a set pretty much every time, so it's a math problem as to whether pushing to see both cards has proper odds. If it's a small reraise, just call and hit on the turn and bust him.

tdarko
09-13-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean if he pushes 5K into the 1K pot? Or just re-raises normally, say, to 1K straight?

[/ QUOTE ]
what if he pushes 1K?

what if he pushes 5K?

TheWorstPlayer
09-13-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
what if he pushes 1K?

what if he pushes 5K?

[/ QUOTE ]
1K I call. 5K I fold. And you're officially a weasel. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tdarko
09-13-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And you're officially a weasel

[/ QUOTE ]
?

TheWorstPlayer
09-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Well, I asked you to clarify your question and you said 'both'. That is a weasel move. Don't worry about it, though, I was just joking around.

tdarko
09-13-2005, 06:38 PM
yeah it was a weasel move haha, but i did want to know both cases.

TheWorstPlayer
09-13-2005, 06:41 PM
The chance that he call/3-bets all in for 4x the pot is slim to nil, IMO. FWIW.

mgsimpleton
09-13-2005, 09:03 PM
your bet is too small on the river. not enough value from trips (this is live play, right?) and it doesn't guarantee trips won't come over the top. bet close to the pot and fold to a raise.

09-13-2005, 09:57 PM
with OESFD i try to go all in if possible on the flop. i prolly like a 300 bet on the turn too, if he goes over the top on you you have the right pot odds to call with your major draw. and if he folds you win.

Matt Flynn
09-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I would raise more on the flop when raising.

As played would've usually bet around $650 on the turn.

mgsimpleton
09-13-2005, 10:02 PM
uh with a stack of 570 BBs if hero gets it all in on the flop it means he is in quite bad shape. not to mention having no control over his destiny (not playing poker!). deep stack poker is much different than 100BB online stuff, so i think the line u took was fine tdarko... i might bet the turn though since the A is a scare card. normally i'd check behind a turn there (or maybe not depending on my read on villain whether i put him on a J or what) but the A can't be good for him unless he's trying to c/r his set... i'd definitely bet the turn, come to think of it. you're deep enough where if he raises a moderate amount it would suck, but u can still call and stack him with 1/3 the deck in outs. he isn't radiating strength though so i think he might lay it down on the turn and if he check calls you you have built a pot for when you hit on the river, and only you know when you hit so you control getting paid off bigger do to the bigger pot, does that make sense?

09-13-2005, 10:10 PM
hmmm i missed the 570 BBs there, good point with deeps stacks no sense in going all in on the flop considering that villian has a deep stack also and not 100BBs

tdarko
09-13-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i might bet the turn though since the A is a scare card

[/ QUOTE ]
you don't think it found him at all? no AJ here for the villain?

this is partially why i bet half the pot on the river, this was a scenario where i thought i was either way ahead or way behind.

mgsimpleton
09-13-2005, 11:54 PM
yes on the river you are either way ahead or way behind, given that i don't think "way" really means anything; you are either ahead or behind. that being said you are seeing monsters, if he c/r you fine but if you bet bigger you can safely fold your flush to his river c/r (unless he's tricky enough to know u don't have fh and try to push you off, very very few that would try this) so bet more. also your flush is better than his likely trips, so bet more.