PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here on ritalin?

09-12-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm 99% convinced I have ADD and want to

09-12-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm 99% convinced I have ADD and want to finally treat it.

Does ritalin work? Negative side effects?

09-12-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm on the extended release and am going to the doctor this week to try adderal because it isn't working.

09-12-2005, 03:06 PM
any negative side effects?

Sykes
09-12-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
any negative side effects?

[/ QUOTE ]

stunts growth and weight.

09-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Made me thirsty and could make me quessy. Nothing that I couldn't live with if it would have worked. If you are going to go the ritalin route, don't get the extended relief. There are a lot of people who don't think it's perfected yet and it definetly didn't work for me. I do know that a few years ago prozac came out with an extended release and people who were normally helped by regular prozac were noticing a decline in their mood again. Extended release trades off potency for a little more convinience. It really isn't that hard to take a pill every four hours.

Sifmole
09-12-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm on the extended release and am going to the doctor this week to try adderal because it isn't working.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my perplexed question for you.... Why?

Are you taking this medication by choice? are you of an age where you can decide for yourself ( not your parents )? What about taking this medication makes your life better?

09-12-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my perplexed question for you.... Why?

Are you taking this medication by choice? are you of an age where you can decide for yourself ( not your parents )? What about taking this medication makes your life better?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't. That's why I'm going to the doctor to switch this week.

09-12-2005, 04:21 PM
No! Maybe. Why do you ask? I think no one likes you and you need to calm down and stop right now. I think your might just be a shinny tard and not so much on the ADD. I gave up taking my ritalin, I really don't need it. Do you like turtles? You wanta be frinds? Lets get some ice cream.

Felipe
09-12-2005, 04:24 PM
ADD is a gift. I has allowed me to think and process faster, I'm smart, just not motivated to do anything about it, cause I find something else to take my attenti.......butterfly!!!!!!

ritalin works, but its addictive, i only use it when I'm in a long class like 2.5-3 hours other than that, a cafinated tea is good enough. or a small coffee...caffeine gives me the 'ShAkeS'

turnipmonster
09-12-2005, 04:28 PM
pretty much everyone my age was diagnosed with ADD and on ritalin. once I was touring with 7 other ppl on the bus, and all of them had been diagnosed with ADD. what a widespread epidemic!

touchfaith
09-12-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it small and blue?

RacersEdge
I'll put my OCD up against your ADD any day.. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

smokingrobot
i used to take ritalin, but no the slow release. i didnt like it. so i was prescribed adderall.

its still an amphetamine. so expect loss of appetite, compulsive behavior, lack of emotion, intense focus, etc.

it's not all its cracked up to be. it IS additive, just because its prescribed to you and you take it every day doesnt mean you're not an addict.

i stopped taking it my senior year of college as i didnt like how it made me feel in terms of personality etc.

since then i have thought about getting another prescription as i do notice i still have a lot of trouble @ work being organized etc.

it is euphoric. when you first come off, its a huge downer.

also, falling asleep can become a problem as well.

vulturesrow
09-12-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think I had ADD but then I realize that I probably didnt because I rarely get distr