PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker, $100 UN-Added tourneys...hmmm!

lorinda
04-30-2003, 11:34 AM
VioletPhilip: An agent will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

lorinda: hi there again, just had a conversation about the multi table that may or may not be cancelled

VioletPhilip: Welcome to our Live Chat feature! What can I do for you today?

lorinda: could you tell me the current state, if you only refund entries, it is against your rules!!!

VioletPhilip: As we had some technical problem

VioletPhilip: the game got cancelled and the buy-in are refunded

lorinda: Thats not the rules though

lorinda: six people were eliminated

lorinda: we should chop their money per chip

VioletPhilip: Can you please be on hold while I look into this for you?

lorinda: yes, thankyou

VioletPhilip: Since the game has been cancelled everybody got their buy-in back

lorinda: but we have eliminated six players

lorinda: they wouldnt have won, even if it had continued
VioletPhilip: The players who got eliminated will not get any share of the buy-in

lorinda: 23. If a Tournament is cancelled due to technical issues, any Player who was eliminated prior to this time will lose their buy-in and entry fee. The remaining Players will be refunded their Buy-ins and Entry fees and will equally divide up the Buy-in monies from the Players already eliminated, regardless of the chip standing when the tournament was halted

VioletPhilip: The players remaining on the table will only get the equal share of the buy-ins

orinda: ok, thats the rule, but it's not what we were told, ty

lorinda: i have my $22 back, but no share of the buyin

VioletPhilip: Lori, that was always the rule

lorinda: we were told everyone would get entry back, thats what upset me

lorinda: if we will be chopping the $100 and the six $22s thats fine

lorinda: i have almost exactly 1000 chips, so it wont effect me, but you can assure me that we will chop the other money?

VioletPhilip: $22 is the buy-inwhich is $20 is the buy-in and $2 is the entry fee

lorinda: yes

lorinda: okay, six 20s

lorinda: and the $100 you said you would add?

lorinda: im not to a few $$, but party always try to steal from the customers in these circumstances

VioletPhilip: Just a moment please

lorinda: thankyou

VioletPhilip: Can you please be on hold while I look into this for you?

lorinda: no problem, waiting

VioletPhilip: The players playing on the table will also get a share from the players already eleminated

lorinda: thankyou, will we share the $100 added too?

VioletPhilip: Sure Lori you can go aheadd

lorinda: ?

lorinda: Party will share the $100 that they added?

VioletPhilip: PartyPoker.com do contribute to the pot which is $100 which will not be refunded

lorinda: okay, I guess that will have to do, thankyou for your time

VioletPhilip: All will only get the share of your buy-ins and the amount all have put in

lorinda: and, just to clarify, Party stop the tourney and take their $100 back?

VioletPhilip: No PartyPoker.com do not stop the tournament the tournament was simply cancelled

lorinda: I see, thankyou

lorinda: I assume someone else stopped it?

VioletPhilip: Do you need any further assistance.

lorinda: no, that will be all, thanks for the time, it was interesting

LOL

Lori

Inthacup
04-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Great work as usual Lori. Few questions though. Did a technical problem cancel the tourney or was it unanimous vote by the players? If it's a tech problem, then it should be Party's responsibility to add the $100 to the amount they're divying up. Also, did you ever the the extra $$ from the ousted players? If so, was it including or excluding the rake they put in?

lorinda
04-30-2003, 11:55 AM
It was a tech problem, although had there been a vote, Im sure it would have been stopped.

As of now, about 30-45 mins later, I still haven't got my share of the prize, just my entry fee, certainly on Stars or Paradise, I'd have my "winnings" by now.

Of course, I'll keep you informed, I strongly believe they should take the $100 hit on the head in this instance.

If they share out the $22s, not the $20s, that would be a start, however, I'm pretty sure they won't.

Lori

lorinda
04-30-2003, 12:24 PM
CharlotteBrown: Welcome to our Live Chat feature! What can I do for you today?

lorinda: Hi there, I still don't have my share of the refunds from the cancelled tourney, can you see where it has got to please?

CharlotteBrown: Hai Lori

CharlotteBrown: could you please give me few moments while i look in to it

lorinda: of course

CharlotteBrown: Lori we see that the refund amount has been credited into your account

lorinda: no, only my entry has been creditted

lorinda: six people were eliminated, and i am entitled to 6/48ths of those peoples money, i have already checked this

lorinda: are party trying to keep that money?

CharlotteBrown: since the tournament has been cancelled

lorinda: VioletPhilip: The players playing on the table will also get a share from the players already eleminated

lorinda: rule 23 on your web page

lorinda: If a Tournament is cancelled due to technical issues, any Player who was eliminated prior to this time will lose their buy-in and entry fee. The remaining Players will be refunded their Buy-ins and Entry fees and will equally divide up the Buy-in monies from the Players already eliminated, regardless of the chip standing when the tournament was halted

CharlotteBrown: I will just check your account and let you know. Could you please be on hold while I check?

lorinda: i know, so far i have $22 back

lorinda: i am entitled to more, and more importantly , so are the other 47 players you are trying to prevent from having to pay

CharlotteBrown: I apologize for the delay, I am still looking into your inquiry

lorinda: no problem

lorinda: you are hoping that people wont follow up because it is only $2.50

CharlotteBrown: I apologize for the delay, I am still looking into your inquiry

lorinda: no problem

CharlotteBrown: Lori we have credited $2.50 into your account

lorinda: thankyou, have you also credited the other 47 players?

lorinda: It is very clear in the rules

CharlotteBrown: Lori we would take appropiate steps

lorinda: thankyou

lorinda: thats all thanks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

CharlotteBrown: Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Any idea if "appropriate steps" is the same as F+++ all?

Lori

MS Sunshine
04-30-2003, 02:26 PM
OT

Lori

PokerStars and Party will not let me copy text from chat or only one line of it, with a right-click copy command. How do you get around it?

MS Sunshine

Inthacup
04-30-2003, 02:33 PM
I just start at the bottom right corner, hold down left-click and drag it up until I've highlighted the entire conversation. Then I press Ctrl+C and paste it in my word processor.

lorinda
04-30-2003, 03:42 PM
Like the man said, except I paste it straight to a 2+2 "New Post"

Lori

mewhoelse
04-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Was the purpose of the whole argument over $1.50 or whatever to just have something to post here?

lorinda
04-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Actually, the purpose of the argument was over $220, of which the first conversation they withdrew $100, and the second they withdrew $117.50 .

The rules are as clear as can be on the matter, and as always Party try to get out of their commitments.

They figured no-one would be complaining over a small sum of money and so they would try to keep it.

I annoy many people, the old thing applies, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Lori

gdaily
04-30-2003, 08:35 PM
Hi Lorinda,

please continue, we all benifit from you.

I have always felt that the quality of the tech support at Party/Empire really sucks - if you write them a letetr, you have to fight real hard to get it through to somebody that understands poker. I once wrote six letters until someone capable with basic potlimit rules read it.

I think, actually, that the smaller sites have better tech support. Often the founders or at leats the personell have interest in the game, and since its a small site they work there themselves. I have never had any problems with UB or Planet, and the support at 24h really is at top (if you write them or call them under europeean business hours at least), but party sucks! I have not played at paradice for a long while, due to an argument with their tech support. I have never been in contact with stars support, so there I have no opinion.

regards
Ola

beernutz
04-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Oh PULeease. Lori, feel free to ignore this biatch. When he/she/it has posted 1/10th of the valuable information you have, the right to criticize you will have been earned. Until then he/she/it has earned the right to STFU and sit in the corner if your posts bother them.

Instinct
04-30-2003, 11:13 PM
$750 freeroll, been playing 2 hrs, 60 players left.
Tourny has been "paused" for almost 1/2 hr.

Damn frustrating. Not like the prizes are that high either.

Ted Geisel
05-01-2003, 12:39 AM
Empire and Party are the "same place" with different portals and looks. (I thought this was fairly settled by now) If one coughs, the other sneezes, no surprise.

What they should do is refund everyone left a share of twice the guarantee plus their buy-in and fees for the inconvenience.

Ted Geisel

RollaJ
05-01-2003, 08:21 AM
Technically, if one sneezes, the other sneezes /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

lorinda
05-01-2003, 09:02 AM
Ted, I find myself in agreement with you again, this is becoming rather a disturbing trend.

Lori