PDA

View Full Version : 2004 WSOP DVD- Who are "The Crew?"

AA suited
09-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Episode 3 mentions The Crew several times.

From what i gather, it includes Dutch boyd, Scott Fischman and a guy named Youngblood.

Who are the others? and why are they nicknamed The Crew?

gobboboy
09-12-2005, 12:35 PM
There was an episode this season about The Crew. It was on the $1000 NL I believe.

Fischman, Rob Boyd, Dutch Boyd, Youngblood, and a few other guys are all part of it. It doesn't really exist anymore because they all kind of broke up, and really the only good player in it is Fischman. At least, he's the only one with any results.

henrikrh
09-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Dutch boyd is a fraud and a cheat, youngblut quit and fischman is on a streak but is only an above average player imo.

09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Episode 3 mentions The Crew several times.

From what i gather, it includes Dutch boyd, Scott Fischman and a guy named Youngblood.

Who are the others? and why are they nicknamed The Crew?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm actually going to try and answer this stuff, before Paul Phillips shows up and points out that all of these questions are answerable with about fifteen seconds of research on Google.

Bret Jungblut is arguably the best online tournament player, his handle is "gank." he won an omaha 8/b bracelet in 2004. he left the Crew because of problems with Boyd, I don't remember specifics but I do remember him calling Boyd "the single most untrustworthy person I've ever met."

I know Boyd's brother Rob is in there, plus a guy nicknamed Dorf about whom I know nothing. there were six of them so i'm forgetting someone. it was just basically a marketing gimmick that ESPN sank their teeth into.

there's a Rolling Stone hype article about them somewhere, too.

Jordan Olsommer
09-12-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know Boyd's brother Rob is in there, plus a guy nicknamed Dorf about whom I know nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he wrote a bunch of books on golf, if memory serves.

snowlarbear
09-12-2005, 06:05 PM
youngblood is actually jungblut, i think.

MegaBet
09-13-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember specifics but I do remember him calling Boyd "the single most untrustworthy person I've ever met."

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, that's quite a statement considering they're all poker players!

boondockst
09-15-2005, 10:20 PM
I thought the line was Boyd saying, "He was the most attractive male I'd ever seen"

seriously [censored]

sketchy1
09-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Saying Fischman is the only one with any results is pretty ignorant. Jungblut won a bracelet and already has seven WSOP cashes in just two years. He should have about ten, as he was screwed in more than a few events this year right near the bubble. He was also on his way to a razz final table when he got extremely unlucky. He had a nice low cracked by something like a six outter with just one to come. Brett also has a dozen or so other final tables around the LA area. You can pokerdb his results on stars under the name gank.

As for the crew, there isn't really one anymore. Dutch, Rob, Scott, and Dorf still are a part of a "crew" but they don't live together and don't exactly associate for any other reason than marketability.

lighterjobs
09-15-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Saying Fischman is the only one with any results is pretty ignorant. Jungblut won a bracelet and already has seven WSOP cashes in just two years. He should have about ten, as he was screwed in more than a few events this year right near the bubble. He was also on his way to a razz final table when he got extremely unlucky. He had a nice low cracked by something like a six outter with just one to come. Brett also has a dozen or so other final tables around the LA area. You can pokerdb his results on stars under the name gank.

[/ QUOTE ]

live results (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=12450)

Mikey
09-15-2005, 11:52 PM
i'm not sure of the real names but the nicknames are:

Bike Shorts
&
Sporky