PDA

View Full Version : LAN Software

09-12-2005, 11:36 AM
I have been looking for some poker software that would allow me to set up a hold'em game over a local area network. I can't find anything. Any help here? We have a group of people that would like to be able to play each other online, but not via any online poker company. We want to be able to host our own game locally. Is there such a thing?

Thanks!

TheNoocH
09-12-2005, 01:19 PM
one that i'm aware of (and i think just came out) is Donohue Digital's Tournament poker v2.0 (www.ddpoker.com)...i had version 1 and it was entertaining for the $20...but the AI was a little weak...supposedly in v2 the increased the AI and have an online feature...if you go this route post back and let me know how it is...thanks...

09-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Cool! I actually have version 1.2 of that software (and agree on the poor AI), but who needs AI when you are playing against friends? I'll upgrade my copy and check it out. Thanks!

Jersey Nick
09-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Version 2 AI did improve significantly on DD Tournament poker. Additionally you can create your own AI players, setting up opponents aggression, concern for position, the range of hands they like to play, and many other factors. I've created one AI player to play like a guy in my regular game to practice against.

I've used the online play and I like it.