PDA

View Full Version : Watching 215s, playing the 22s-33s

09-12-2005, 11:14 AM
I've tracked some of the top players at the 200$ but actually play the lower levels.

Questions:
1. How would you adjust your strategy at the lower levels? (Aside from the most obvious - players are looser.)
2. I would like to study top players at these lower levels. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

citanul
09-12-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've tracked some of the top players at the 200$ but actually play the lower levels.

Questions:
1. How would you adjust your strategy at the lower levels? (Aside from the most obvious - players are looser.)
2. I would like to study top players at these lower levels. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) how did you decide which players were the top 200s players?
2) stop watching the 200s to try to learn to play the 20s. that's the adjustment.
3) the best way to learn to play lower games is to play them, post about them, and read about them. attempting to learn by watching your peers is less helpful by a lot.
4) the other adjustment is to remember that at the lower stakes games, they are much worse than at the higher stakes games: they will not fold correctly as often. bluff less often, and value bet more often, and larger.

citanul

schwza
09-12-2005, 11:21 AM
i can't imagine studying someone without seeing their hole cards is 1/10th as useful as playing or reading/posting here.

MegaBet
09-12-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've tracked some of the top players at the 200$

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a feeling I was being watched...

AbelM
09-12-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While you're watching you can ask them for some money, that way you learn and make a few bucks along the way!

Nick B.
09-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Don't make any comments in the chatbox. I love when I bust out fourth and then an observer says that I deserved to get caught cause I was pushing so much.

Sponger15SB
09-12-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't make any comments in the chatbox. I love when I bust out fourth and then an observer says that I deserved to get caught cause I was pushing so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops. Ok I won't do that anymore.

Sponger15SB
09-12-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can't imagine studying someone without seeing their hole cards is 1/10th as useful as playing or reading/posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

OP, if you can, try and get some hand histories of people better than you and just look at them over and over again.

I have found that to be much much more helpful than posting/reading these forums.

Nick B.
09-12-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

OP, if you can, try and get some hand histories of people MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than you and just look at them over and over again.

I have found that to be much much more helpful than posting/reading these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Sponger15SB
09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
***** Hand History for Game 2641846707 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:15391304 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Friday, September 02, 18:18:36 EDT 2005
Table Table 12182 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: brownboy ( $1605 )
Seat 8: DevinLake ( $785 )
Seat 9: Hansen846 ( $775 )
Seat 7: wr3tch ( $785 )
Seat 3: TEPop84 ( $800 )
Seat 6: painless111 ( $975 )
Seat 5: AlrightJack ( $785 )
Seat 2: SpareChips ( $745 )
Seat 4: DUBLINSHARK ( $745 )
Trny:15391304 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TEPop84 [ Ts Td ]
TEPop84 raises [45].
DUBLINSHARK folds.
AlrightJack folds.
painless111 folds.
wr3tch folds.
DevinLake raises [150].
Hansen846 folds.
brownboy folds.
SpareChips folds.
TEPop84 calls [105].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9s, 8d, 2s ]
TEPop84 checks.
DevinLake bets [160].
TEPop84 is all-In.
DevinLake is all-In.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2d ]
** Dealing River ** [ 6d ]
DevinLake shows [ Qs, Qd ] two pairs, queens and twos.
TEPop84 shows [ Ts, Td ] two pairs, tens and twos.
TEPop84 wins 15 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, tens and twos.
DevinLake wins 1595 chips from the main pot with two pairs, queens and twos.

citanul
09-12-2005, 02:02 PM
i suck at comedy.

citanul

Sponger15SB
09-12-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i suck at comedy.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

awww citanul, why did you change your post around? that was funny, ok here it what the above post said for those who missed it....

[ QUOTE ]

tepop is nick.

no one is protecting him.

nick said to look at hands by much much much better players.

sponger then pasted in some hand that i guess was played by nick, where he lost.

nick i don't think said to watch his games or anything like that.

i am however, honestly confused at what the point or joke behind the original inclusion of said hand in this thread is supposed to be.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul
09-12-2005, 02:34 PM
oh come now, you left out the fact that i also have deleted the post where i implied that you were a douchebag who has never added any value to any strategy forum.

citanul

09-12-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I started with the leader board and people who are spoken of with reference here and then tracked several of those players over a few hundred sng and found them to be winners. Yes, small sample size, I know... but considering the first two factors I'm feeling good about it.

Thanks for the advice.

Sponger15SB
09-12-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh come now, you left out the fact that i also have deleted the post where i implied that you were a douchebag who has never added any value to any strategy forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, its not like you'd be wrong. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Btw, I will stress more the value of looking at someones hand histories since I ruined this thread...

Its really easy to get a ton of information from them. Having trouble accumulating chips early? You can just look at their VPIP and all the hands they've played at 10/15 level. Or maybe you don't know what you should do when you flop 3rd pair HU from the BB....

Its really nice cause its just like a personalized little STT forum in your poker tracker.

Also, while youre playing you can just sit around and watching in the replayer which is convenient.

MegaBet
09-12-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I started with the leader board and people who are spoken of with reference here and then tracked several of those players over a few hundred sng and found them to be winners. Yes, small sample size, I know... but considering the first two factors I'm feeling good about it.

Thanks for the advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You watched people for a few hundred SNGs!!!

jon462
09-12-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, its not like you'd be wrong. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Btw, I will stress more the value of looking at someones hand histories since I ruined this thread...

Its really easy to get a ton of information from them. Having trouble accumulating chips early? You can just look at their VPIP and all the hands they've played at 10/15 level. Or maybe you don't know what you should do when you flop 3rd pair HU from the BB....

Its really nice cause its just like a personalized little STT forum in your poker tracker.

Also, while youre playing you can just sit around and watching in the replayer which is convenient.

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot the most important (and hardest) part - getting a top player to give you enough HHs (if any) to be relevant.

Sponger15SB
09-12-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you forgot the most important (and hardest) part - getting a top player to give you enough HHs (if any) to be relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Its not like I'm looking to find out his ROI

So far (*ahem* wink wink) I have 32 HH's, which I think is good enough for most things I want to know.