PDA

View Full Version : NL 2-table sattelite hand

happyjaypee
04-30-2003, 04:41 AM
Hi all.

I played a 2-table sit&go tourney on stars and the folowing hand got me thinking (Yes, I do from time to time! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif )

After doubling my stack whit AA on 3rd hand of the tourney, I have'nt got a single decent hand to play and we are now at the final table. Play is 7 handed and I'm UTG+1 whit TT.

Whit blinds at 50/100 and 25$ ante, UTG raise minimum to 200$. It the first time I play whit the guy and he was not at my table at the start of the tourney.

I raised him to 800$ (I had 2800$ before the raise, witch was an average stack and he as me covered .) I kinda expected to take it down right there and was ready to fold if he or someone else came over the top whit an all-in bet.

All fold to UTG who now re-raise me minimum, 600$ more to 1400$. That minimum re-raise surprised me. He certainly as a Big pair and want to milk me. I thought that raising all-in was now suicide and calling only left me whit 1400$ in an 2800$+ pot.

So, I decided to fold my tens to try my 2000$ stack in a better spot.

comments pls, thx

-Happy /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Guy McSucker
04-30-2003, 04:46 AM
If you're sure he has a big pair then of course folding is right: he won't fold to a reraise and you don't have odds to take the flop. Plus, your stack is just about playable so fold and get on with it!

Was the original reraise a good idea? I suppose if you thought you'd take the pot without a fight, it was; but then why do it with a pair of tens, since you'll only get yourself in a mess if reraised? This is Sklansky's "turngn good hands into 7-2" idea I think.

Guy.