PDA

View Full Version : New Separation of OOT?

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Just an idea, and I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, but should there be a Sex, Dating, & Relationships forum? I know this is about 1/2 of OOT, but some of the stuff is just NSFW, even the titles.

Just an idea, and I would like to see what the rest of you think.

unreal_nh
09-12-2005, 09:43 AM
i wouldnt mind... how about a poll?

jakethebake
09-12-2005, 09:44 AM
I think this idea sucks.

lucas9000
09-12-2005, 09:44 AM
sure why not...yet another 2+2 forum that i'd never visit.

diebitter
09-12-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm with Jake.

Quite a few seemingly dull threads about dating/relationships etc turn into great ones.

unreal_nh
09-12-2005, 09:46 AM
wow, so much positive attitude!!

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this idea sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

people complain about how there are too many "hey, look, i met a girl posts", and too many high schoolish "tee-hee, the girl touched my wee-wee posts"

a separation ensures that you don't even have to look at these types of posts are in a place where only people that want to look at them, look at them.

i think this would help the creativity of OOT as well

jakethebake
09-12-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with Jake.

Quite a few seemingly dull threads about dating/relationships etc turn into great ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Yes, we have to deal with some really crappy ones, but they die a quick death anyway. The good ones make up for it.

lu_hawk
09-12-2005, 09:56 AM
yes, this is a great idea. half of the posts made here are of the 'i'm not bragging but....' variety.

MelK
09-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Why split it up based on topic?

Let's be experimental, just split it into two forums without defining which is for what. Over time each will develop its own character, and each will become the stomping grounds of a different set of posters.

We could do OOT-C (with Mat and Commodus) and OOT-D (with Mat and Dynasty), and let it develop from there.

Then in a couple of weeks, we can start having knock down fights and contests to prove which forum is better.

Toro
09-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Too many forums already. I wish they would put sports back in OOT. Those guys over at Sports are too seroius, no sense of humor. The mix was better when sports was here.

diebitter
09-12-2005, 10:04 AM
But most of us are too weak-willed to stick with one, so it'll just end up as 2 forums that are better served as 1 forum.

I think it's okay as it is, OOT goes where OOT goes. Rubbish dies, good stuff goes on and on (with the odd, disquieting exception).

The only trouble with it IMHO is people rely too much on pictures, we need more written filth.

kyro
09-12-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Too many forums already. I wish they would put sports back in OOT. Those guys over at Sports are too seroius, no sense of humor. The mix was better when sports was here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Toro, what are you talking about. I'm pretty sure I heard them all laughing at you when you said Big Papi was the MVP this season. They seemed to think you were pretty funny.

mmbt0ne
09-12-2005, 10:08 AM
This idea still sucks as much as when it wasw first suggested.

MelK
09-12-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But most of us are too weak-willed to stick with one, so it'll just end up as 2 forums that are better served as 1 forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, there will be weak-willed hangers on, but a few leaders of each forum is all it takes to make them unique. And don't you like the idea of the whole us vs. them competition thing?

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This idea still sucks as much as when it was first suggested.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why it's a suggestion instead of a mission statement.

James Boston
09-12-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wish they would put sports back in OOT. Those guys over at Sports are too seroius, no sense of humor. The mix was better when sports was here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same goes with Politics.

BusterStacks
09-12-2005, 11:11 AM
There's probably a forum out there that think your ideas/opinions are good. This is not it.

-Skeme-
09-12-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this idea sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's probably a forum out there that think your ideas/opinions are good. This is not it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. Your useful contribution to this thread will be noted.

Blarg
09-12-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, this is a great idea. half of the posts made here are of the 'i'm not bragging but....' variety.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! Which reminds me of the poker posts...

Blarg
09-12-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Separating sports out was the best thing that ever happened to OOT, after separating politics out. Both tended to overwhelm OOT completely.

tdarko
09-12-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know this idea sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Toro
09-12-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Toro, what are you talking about. I'm pretty sure I heard them all laughing at you when you said Big Papi was the MVP this season. They seemed to think you were pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was playful about it, saying he had a great nickname etc. They were all serious and indignant and tried to bury me with a zillion stats. Some wouldn't even acknowledge that he was a great clutch hitter, saying there was no such thing as clutch. A little more OOT would be good for those guys. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blarg
09-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Can't say I agree. There doesn't seem to be a real point to it, and the love life topics don't make this forum any less safe for work than any of the other ones.

I don't think this forum should be subject to being constrained by notions of what's safe for work anyway.

Aside from that, the sex and love life posts(the non-bragging ones, of which there are plenty) are usually the best and funniest posts in OOT. They can be touching and pretty cool, and besides, it's great fun watching the emotional train wrecks of other people's lives; there's nothing quite like someone else's confusion, misery, and ridiculous responses to ridiculous romantic encounters to make you laugh a little more about your own foolishness. Heck, sometimes those threads bring out the best even in our resident aggro-licious attack-morons who never post a single worthwhile post otherwise regarding anything else.

Leave the love and sex stuff in. It provides a nice counterpoint to the aresholery.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-12-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A little more OOT would be good for those guys. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
More OOT would definitely be good for those guys, but I'm not sure if more of those guys would be that great for OOT. I'm not saying anything bad about them, just that they fit better in a separate sports than OOT.

Toro
09-12-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A little more OOT would be good for those guys. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
More OOT would definitely be good for those guys, but I'm not sure if more of those guys would be that great for OOT. I'm not saying anything bad about them, just that they fit better in a separate sports than OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, that's my problem. I'm always thinking of others. I give and I give and I give.

Voltron87
09-12-2005, 11:34 AM
I think people just need to post less stupid crap about their lame personal life.

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think people just need to post less stupid crap about their lame personal life.

[/ QUOTE ]

and we have a winner!

Sponger15SB
09-12-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that every time there was some sort of major sports event there would be 50000000 threads about it.

Like, I really don't give a crap about everyones fantasy football team so I'd rather not see everyone threads about wanting peoples input on who to trade for their 4th round running back.

diebitter
09-12-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yah. It ruins it for those of us whose lame personal life is OOT.

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that every time there was some sort of major sports event there would be 50000000 threads about it.

Like, I really don't give a crap about everyones fantasy football team so I'd rather not see everyone threads about wanting peoples input on who to trade for their 4th round running back.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly my point in the OP though. I (and many others, I believe) don't want to see a gazillion, "should i go out with the dumb hottie or the smart troll" posts.

Dave G.
09-12-2005, 11:40 AM
No way, I take all of my tips from 2+2ers when it comes to sex and girls. If they split the forums, what guarantees will people like myself have that only studs, rather than duds, read the new one? I might not get anybodies panties off for a while if dodgy advice is posted! That would not be kewl.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-12-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm of the opinion that separating out Sports and Politics was incredibly good and that any further subdivision would be incredibly bad. Someone should write this down so I don't have to say it again in 3 or 4 weeks.

TheTROLL
09-12-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This is exactly my point in the OP though. I (and many others, I believe) don't want to see a gazillion, "should i go out with the dumb hottie or the smart troll" posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely. The Troll every time.

mmbt0ne
09-12-2005, 12:07 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

And then OOT has more music posts than anything else. So we start a music forum. And then OOT has more car posts than anything else. So we start a car forum. And then OOT has more food posts than anything else. So we start a food forum. And then OOT has more funny news article posts than anything else. So we start a funny news article forum. And then OOT has more pet posts than anything else. So we start a pet forum. And then OOT has more drunk posts than anything else. So we start a drunk forum. And then there's no OOT.

diebitter
09-12-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And then OOT has more music posts than anything else. So we start a music forum. And then OOT has more car posts than anything else. So we start a car forum. And then OOT has more food posts than anything else. So we start a food forum. And then OOT has more funny news article posts than anything else. So we start a funny news article forum. And then OOT has more pet posts than anything else. So we start a pet forum. And then OOT has more drunk posts than anything else. So we start a drunk forum. And then there's no OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]
POTD

blaze666
09-12-2005, 12:27 PM
i think if we are going to have another forum, we should have an exclusive jakethebake forum, where jake can make, read, and create topics by himself, and himself only. no-one els is allowed in. except for mabye bigsteve.

gorie
09-12-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt mind... how about a poll?

[/ QUOTE ]
i think we need a poll forum, too.

B00T
09-12-2005, 02:33 PM
can I be Blarg's official lackey? PLEASE

Once again Blarg states why there is a need for such posts.

B Dids
09-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Isn't this the point of OOT- to have a forum for these questions? This is a poker sites, I think having 27 billion non-poker forums probably makes more work for the folks that run it than is necessary.

Bulldog
09-12-2005, 04:06 PM
If it ain't broke...

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it ain't broke...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK OK I GET THE POINT.

it was merely a suggestion. please let this thread die.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-12-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it ain't broke...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK OK I GET THE POINT.

it was merely a suggestion. please let this thread die.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, to be fair, we have all had plenty of practice making negative responses to this exact same thread.

samjjones
09-12-2005, 04:30 PM
I think that the new OOT moderator COMMODUS needs to comment on this thread.

ChipWrecked
09-13-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
some of the stuff is just NSFW, even the titties.

[/ QUOTE ]