PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with Strattera?

JoshuaD
09-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Strattera (http://www.strattera.com/index.jsp)

Is anyone taking this? Has anyone taken it and stopped?

I'm looking for any experience anyone has with this drugs. I'm going to my doctor today to get him to prescribe it to me, and I'm interested in hearing about people's experience with it.

I know poker content is taboo here, but if you were playing poker before you got on it, did it help you play longer sessions?

Peca277
09-12-2005, 09:58 AM
My ex-girlfriend started taking it a while ago. I can really tell a difference between when she's on and off the drug. She couldn't finish complete sentences without changing topics or sit down for more than 15 minutes before it.

Slight (or major) downside was her sex drive. Unfortunately for me, it happened to be fairly slow to begin with... and it dried up almost entirely after she started taking strattera. She became an asexual being and we became broken up haha.

Overall I think she would most likely have only good things to say about it. Good luck man, and keep that poker content out of OOT /images/graemlins/wink.gif

JoshuaD
09-12-2005, 10:08 AM
But I like my sex drive. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Deamon2
09-12-2005, 10:09 AM
I take it occasionally, mostly during the tennis season. it's better than adderall because I can't eat when I'm on adderall. I take breaks from it occassionally to remind myself of what its like when I'm not on it.

as far as an ADD med goes, I can think a little more clearly when I'm on straterra.

JoshuaD
09-12-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I take it occasionally, mostly during the tennis season. it's better than adderall because I can't eat when I'm on adderall. I take breaks from it occassionally to remind myself of what its like when I'm not on it.

as far as an ADD med goes, I can think a little more clearly when I'm on straterra.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bad was your ADHD before you got on meds?

gonores
09-12-2005, 12:15 PM
It's alright stuff. Definitely the least harsh of the ADD drugs I've tried. I can play a few extra hands, but where it really helps is concentrating within a hand.

Hadn't really thought about how it kills the sex drive. I just got back on it a few weeks ago and mine has been down a bit lately. I'm not even sure if it's supposed to hurt a male's sex drive, but if it does, it explains a lot.

JoshuaD
09-12-2005, 01:06 PM
How long does it take to kick in?

I just got a prescription for 60mg caplets. The doctor said it would probably take 2 weeks to notice effects, is that everyone's experience here?

JoshuaD
09-12-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How long does it take to kick in?

I just got a prescription for 60mg caplets. The doctor said it would probably take 2 weeks to notice effects, is that everyone's experience here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?

09-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I didn't notice any difference, FWIW. No one who I know has had any success with it.

JoshuaD
09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't notice any difference, FWIW. No one who I know has had any success with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bad was your ADHD? I know it's a really overdiagnosed thing. (But I'm very very sure I have it)

Indiana
09-12-2005, 02:47 PM
I know a lot about it...It's made right here in Indy for starters. Its a non-stimulant so it doesnt mess u up like ritalin...Its also the only adult indication for ADD.

PM me for more. Indy

09-12-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How bad was your ADHD? I know it's a really overdiagnosed thing. (But I'm very very sure I have it)

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a hard question to answer. The best advise is to try it and if it doesn't work, try something else until you find something that does. Strattera would be the best medication if it worked for you since it isn't a controlled substance like ridalin. Don't waste time just do it and keep a journal while you are on it and try to guage if it is working. I'm still looking for the right medication but I know other people say that the right medication makes a world of difference.