PDA

View Full Version : My unlimited love to you all

ChuckyB
09-12-2005, 05:34 AM
Here why I love this board and everyone who posts on it. Even the ones who call me names.

Just finished up our regular Sunday tournament. 10 players, unlimited re-buys, blah, blah, blah.

110K chips in play. 6 players left.
Blinds 200/400 and I'm SB with T /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Two players limp. I complete. BB raises to 1200. He's not too much of a donk so he has at least a big ace. Two calls to me.

[Before I hooked up on this board and read SSHE I probably would have folded. Instead I called figuring I have two suited cards and my call completes the betting. (I could've pushed my last 1,000...probably wouldn't have made a difference).]

I flop bottom pair and 4 to the flush. Long story short, one of my 14 outs comes up and I quadruple up.

45 minutes later, with aggressive play (like: 3-handed, short stack all in pre-flop. 500/1000 blinds. I called a 2500 PF raise from big stack UTG w/A /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I "knew" he had an ace...wasn't sure how big.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Big stack checks. I push 30K figuring we'll split if I get one card over a ten on the turn or river. He folds.

Short stack shows QJ. Turns out big stack had A2 and we would've split the pot.

Went heads up down 61K-49K. Pummelled him within 10 hands and took the winner-takes-all pot of $110...on just a single $5 buy-in.

Without SSHE I don't make the T2s call (though I probably should have re-raised pushed since I was ready to rebuy anyway.) And without you guys in the STT forum, I wouldn't have been nearly aggressive heads up.

Thank you for posting here. I just checked...I'm up about CDN$1200 for the calendar year. I owe much of it to you guys.

...but I'm not sending you any, so don't ask!

Degen
09-12-2005, 05:45 AM
lol i hope this is a joke

nice flop but that was a horrendous call

unreal_nh
09-12-2005, 05:47 AM
can i have some?

ChuckyB
09-12-2005, 05:36 PM
When was that a horrendous call? When I was getting 7:1 pre-flop? Or when I was getting 5:1 after the BB raise?

According to Poker Stove T2s is about 23% to win against three random hands. It's 21% against A9 and two random hands. And it's about 19% to win against AJ and two random hands.

With the rebuy option readily available, being in this hand is hardly a crime. You could argue for a push. But a call is not the worst choice.

KramerTM
09-12-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Blinds 200/400 and I'm SB with T /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Two players limp. I complete. BB raises to 1200. He's not too much of a donk so he has at least a big ace. Two calls to me. Before I hooked up on this board and read SSHE I probably would have folded. Instead I called figuring I have two suited cards and my call completes the betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I am happy for you, I'm sure you didn't learn to call here from this forum. UGH.

KramerTM
09-12-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When was that a horrendous call? When I was getting 7:1 pre-flop? Or when I was getting 5:1 after the BB raise?

According to Poker Stove T2s is about 23% to win against three random hands. It's 21% against A9 and two random hands. And it's about 19% to win against AJ and two random hands.

With the rebuy option readily available, being in this hand is hardly a crime. You could argue for a push. But a call IS the worst choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

bawcerelli
09-12-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I "knew" he had an ace

[/ QUOTE ]

Great entertainment value on this board.