PDA

View Full Version : Bellagio is Dead

01-17-2002, 06:44 PM
The Bellagio is dead. Games are dead. (Mirage isn't any better.) If you raise with two queens in hold'em and get re-raised you might as well throw your hand away. I'm not kidding.

Top section is empty except for cheaters. Vegas poker sucks. If I have to play in one more game comprised of nothing but locals...am thinking about moving somewhere else. Anywhere.

01-17-2002, 07:40 PM
Well i find this hard to believe. All the times I've played in Vegas there were always good games to be found and I saw many bigger games that looked pretty good too. If you are losing don't automatically assume people are cheating.

Kris

01-18-2002, 02:32 AM
I've been wondering what was going on out there. I've seen a lot of LV players at the commerce during my weekend trips out there. That usually indicates the games in Vegas aren't very good.

Last weekend, I was headed for the 80 until I saw Lenny in the seat to the left of the one locked up for me.

I decided the to play 40 that day.

01-18-2002, 03:59 AM
Is one player really enough to keep you away from a game? don't you think it's probably a good game if a good player is willing to play in it?

01-18-2002, 10:19 AM
"don't you think it's probably a good game if a good player is willing to play in it?"

No. Definitely not. In Vegas, they are all pretty good players, even the locals. The locals just don't get out of line. It's amazing to me how tight everyone can play and yet they still sit there and play. Everyone is waiting for a live one, but they are so rare you might as well forget about it. In the bigger games the good players don't have much choice about where to play. It's not--hey, there's a good player so it must be a good game--just the opposite most of the time.

Poker needs live ones. Calling stations. Recreational players. Yes, you get those types in Vegas from time to time but they are the rare exception not the rule. And when you do the game never lasts very long. As soon as the "tourists" leave, or go broke, or go to eat, or go to the show, or go shopping, they are replaced by locals who have been scouting out the games and have put themselves on the transfer list. Then, four or five people lobby and, well, I mean the games really suck.