PDA

View Full Version : Down to three - weak hand - lots of outs

robertsonjohn
09-12-2005, 03:17 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (3 handed).

Sorry, one other hand from same tournament. $6 + .50 buy-in for 2 table tournament. converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t13860)
Button (t3805)
Hero (t9335)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1600</font>, Hero calls t800.

Flop: (t2900) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t2400</font>, Hero...

I would be inclined to bet out on the flop against a normal opponent, but I have seen BB check missed flops when he was PF raiser. He has not shown himself to bluff much, although I think he would probably make continuation bet with AK or AJ.

With a gutshot, and a backdoor flush, I've got 10 outs to 2 pair or better if I'm not ahead already. But if I go for it, I'm probably playing for my whole stack. With the button short-stacked, I have to be thinking about my liklihood to advance as well.

pergesu
09-12-2005, 03:35 AM
There is not a chance I call this. The little guy has 4 BB. There's no reason to spend a lot of chips in a spot where you have no real idea where you're at, when there's a guy waiting to bust.