PDA

View Full Version : STTF-HUC II: It's coming

Irieguy
09-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Since the First Annual Labor Day STTF-HUC was such a huge success, I've decided to run another one sooner than next Labor Day.

The next one will be the First Annual Presidents' Day STTF-HUC. It will be held in Las Vegas over Presidents' Day weekend, which I believe is 2/18-2/20.

This is simply a preliminary post... to let you all know it's coming. The real details will follow within a few weeks. Here are the basics:

1. The format rocked, I think, so it will be the same: double-elimination.

2. I will NOT cap the field at 16. I'm not sure yet what I will cap it at... or even whether or not I will cap it. Since I already have seeding information for 16 players, this tourney will be easier to seed and I don't mind giving first round byes to the best players.

3. There will be 2 levels of buy-in again. I didn't like that going into the first one... but it turned out to be a cool little quirk, and gives a lot of different people a chance to play.

4. The payout will be structured to pay more than 1 spot, probably 3 or 4.

5. Bluetooth can't come. (which shouldn't bother him too much since all the best SNG players in the world do is talk about OT stuff anyways.)

Much more to follow. I already can't wait.

Irieguy

raptor517
09-12-2005, 02:14 AM
obviously.. im there ship it holla

Bonafone
09-12-2005, 02:21 AM
Even though I only know a few people on the boards and rarely post I will be there donating my money.

ace_in_the_hole
09-12-2005, 02:25 AM
I have already made plans to be in Vegas that weekend, so if there is a cap please let me in Irie. I have been soo jealous after seeing all the posts and pictures from the Labor Day Tourney. Thanks. Also what were the buy-ins last time?

raptor517
09-12-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have already made plans to be in Vegas that weekend, so if there is a cap please let me in Irie. I have been soo jealous after seeing all the posts and pictures from the Labor Day Tourney. Thanks. Also what were the buy-ins last time?

[/ QUOTE ]

buyins were 200 for small stakes calcutta nd 500 for large stakes. holla

Jman28
09-12-2005, 02:31 AM
Jman + January = 21

Watch out Vegas.

raptor517
09-12-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jman + January = 21

Watch out Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

raptor + just under 2 years now = 21.

vegas applauds.

holla

Irieguy
09-12-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the over/under on how long it will take Raptor to figure out what a Calcutta is?

Greke... put it on the side bet site.

Irieguy

raptor517
09-12-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the over/under on how long it will take Raptor to figure out what a Calcutta is?

Greke... put it on the side bet site.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah lets get raptor on specifics. i dont even think yer so called calcutta is a word. i have dictionary.com. you dont know bout that. WHATEVER. i hate you irie. holla

Irieguy
09-12-2005, 02:47 AM
Oh yeah, Freemoney can't come either since he stiffed me on a side bet.

Funny how the only 2+2er to stiff somebody on the sidebets is called "Freemoney."

Irieguy

ilya
09-12-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Funny how the only 2+2er to stiff somebody on the sidebets is called "Freemoney."

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

So Giga paid up on his huge calcutta bets? Cool.

oh btw I'm definitely coming.

bones
09-12-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess he won't be teaching any 13 year old epileptics to bet props.

SuitedSixes
09-12-2005, 02:55 AM
I'm in. Don't know if I'll be playing, though.

The Yugoslavian
09-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Wow, this makes me want to take down the noose!!!

Life has been such sad sorrow since last weekend (well not really but I got kinda sick).

Anyway, Vegas and buck nekkid big bootay scrippaz here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yugoslav

Irieguy
09-12-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess he won't be teaching any 13 year old epileptics to bet props.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

But, I believe he said that he could teach a "mentally handicapped person" to beat SNGs. I don't think he would need to offer his coaching services on prop betting to that demographic since I personally witnessed SFB paying off several prop bets at the tourney... and if SFB can do it, a refresher course for the mentally challenged is certainly unnecessary.

Irieguy

Gramps
09-12-2005, 03:14 AM
I'm down if I can get in. Let me know in advance in case I decide to travel to some podunk town in the middle of the country for another wedding and decide to not check 2+2 for a couple of days. If there's another half-hearted bachelor party that weekend for a wedding that isn't happening I'll blow that off as well.

iMsoLucky0
09-12-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

SFB hasn't paid me the 21 dollars he owes me.

AM I getting STIFFED?!?

Jman28
09-12-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

AM I getting STIFFED?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? He sent me a check for the $30 he owed me. Promptly, I might add.

bugstud
09-12-2005, 03:41 AM
I'll play instead of feed hungry strippers this time

IHateKeithSmart
09-12-2005, 03:42 AM
My bets are paid up. Lost all 3 - 2 because of dali and 1 to dali. sttf-huc == rigged

btw, I may try to make the next one. Sounds like it was fun.

Daliman
09-12-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My bets are paid up. Lost all 3 - 2 because of dali and 1 to dali. sttf-huc == rigged

btw, I may try to make the next one. Sounds like it was fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a better horse. Either that or backline my BJ bets.

#16 seed

IHateKeithSmart
09-12-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You need a better horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. My money's on Yugo next time.

Daliman
09-12-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You need a better horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, stay away from horsetracks.

The Yugoslavian
09-12-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You need a better horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice....you're not in bad company:

http://69.93.50.122/wonderfulgirls/photos/B52B866D77C611D4855800062950B7A0.jpg

Yugoslav

bugstud
09-12-2005, 04:10 AM
with that kind of teamwork how can you lose?

just bring 'em to vegas and you'll win

lacky
09-12-2005, 05:18 AM
ehh, what do I have to gain at this point. I spose I'll just say im coming and bet a bunch on myself and no-show.....

Steve

skipperbob
09-12-2005, 07:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

AM I getting STIFFED?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I owe you $$$, I didn't know it....Please PM your addy to me & I will "ship 'it"....I DON'T EVER STIFF A BET

Re: *STTF-HUC II* ....Book It ! Dano!

bluefeet
09-12-2005, 08:58 AM
the webbed one will be there!! to play, fetch beverages, keep the strippers entertained whilst the rest of you play...whatever. very much looking forward to it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unarmed
09-12-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother playa.
I have no played 8 HU games in my life.
Once this number gets into double digits, I will be invincible.
Holla.

ForumBot
09-12-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm In /images/graemlins/smile.gifLallo /images/graemlins/blush.gifSIIHP /images/graemlins/ooo.gifByatches /images/graemlins/blush.gif

raptor517
09-12-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother playa.
I have no played 8 HU games in my life.
Once this number gets into double digits, I will be invincible.
Holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

psh. you could play quadruple digits and still be worse than even money against me /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

bearly
09-12-2005, 11:51 AM
he said it, but his tail was between his legs as he slinked off when called on it. only 2 stepped foreward. the coincidence linking them is startling. on sfb: i think if you took his prop bets long enough he would wind up w/ your money. but, he's an easy target---guiet, reserved, doesn't like to cause a scene, etc......h

MegaBet
09-12-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, give the guy a break. He had to take a job at McDonald's to save up for his next downswing /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Phill S
09-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Bah. I [censored] hate being a poor student in England.

Even people not old enough to gamble in Vegas have been there! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GL guys. If i win a EPT event or something ill be spending the $2K or so to travel and play. In reality i hope you have more trip reports and write ups like you did for the last one.

Phill

MegaBet
09-12-2005, 12:21 PM
If there are any STTF tourneys next year during the WSOP, then I'll be there.

skipperbob
09-12-2005, 12:59 PM
I will be leaving for Vegy on Fri.(2/17/06) @ 7:00 AM (PST)(sharp)....Anyone who wants to ride along is welcome..The top WILL be down...The music will be COUNTRY...The BEVOS will be cold...Return on Mon. (2/20) @ 6:00 AM (sharp). Stop @ Whiskey Pete's for "Trucker's Breakfast".

Don't feel sorry for Me /images/graemlins/smile.gif I boogie down with a country sound and fresh air and cold Tecate /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SuitedSixes
09-12-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will be leaving for Vegy on Fri.(2/17/06) @ 7:00 AM (PST)(sharp)....Anyone who wants to ride along is welcome..The top WILL be down...The music will be COUNTRY...The BEVOS will be cold...Return on Mon. (2/20) @ 6:00 AM (sharp). Stop @ Whiskey Pete's for "Trucker's Breakfast".

Don't feel sorry for Me /images/graemlins/smile.gif I boogie down with a country sound and fresh air and cold Tecate /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I may fly out of my way to SoCal just to take you up on this offer . . . and so you can say, "Sorry Yugo, car's already full."

runner4life7
09-12-2005, 01:05 PM
I also turn 21 in Jan, so I may have to join in on this

Irieguy
09-12-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may fly out of my way to SoCal just to take you up on this offer . . . and so you can say, "Sorry Yugo, car's already full."

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling Yugo will be finding his own transportation this time around.

Irieguy

SuitedSixes
09-12-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling Yugo will be finding his own transportation this time around.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

You overestimate Yugo's intelligence and/or underestimate Skipperbob's generosity.

Maulik
09-12-2005, 01:31 PM
let's cut the bullshit because i'm going to win the next one.

citanul
09-12-2005, 01:58 PM
usher now has notes on all of you. he will win hucII.

citanul

fnord_too
09-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Yikes, that falls dangerously close to the war department's and number two daughter's birthdays (the 21st and 23 repectively).

EnderFFX
09-12-2005, 02:05 PM
80-20 that I'm in. I need to send some strippers through college anyway, it's been a while since I've done my part.

mosdef
09-12-2005, 02:14 PM
um, usher lost to ME last time. you may want to reconsider that bold prediction, all-mighty moderator.

09-12-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5. Bluetooth can't come. (which shouldn't bother him too much since all the best SNG players in the world do is talk about OT stuff anyways.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I had a good chuckle at this.

I'm not TOTALLY against OT posts, some are fine, I actually do read a few of them once in a while. It is just that I do not feel alot of them belong on a poker forum. Alot of people disagree, but meh, such is life.

GL in the tourney!

lacky
09-12-2005, 02:35 PM
hmmm, interesting

ace_in_the_hole
09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not TOTALLY against OT posts, some are fine, I actually do read a few of them once in a while. It is just that I do not feel alot of them belong on a poker forum. Alot of people disagree, but meh, such is life.

GL in the tourney!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what people have tried to convey to you, is that you have no business deciding what content belongs on this poker forum unless you have a little yellow M by your name. And maybe being a member of the aforementioned board for more than a few weeks.

skipperbob
09-12-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GL in the tourney!

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect this effort to spread bread upon the waters /images/graemlins/smile.gif

johnnybeef
09-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Count me in bitchez

psyduck
09-12-2005, 03:11 PM
What would underage (<21 years old) people be able to do? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I definitely wanna come and meet you donkeys though.

J-Lo
09-12-2005, 03:14 PM
i don't take part in too many social threads, but i'm still gonna make it down to vegas in feb. It will be my first time in vegas. And i should be able add some "color" to the pictures...he he he. Hopefully by then i'l be playin 109s/215s. BTW, i pwned the HU penny tables to start my poker career-- so a bunch of 2+2ers should be a cake walk. I'm gonna "buy" myself in the calcutta.

Daliman
09-12-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would underage (<21 years old) people be able to do? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Lucksack into 2nd place.

pergesu
09-12-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I definitely wanna come and meet you donkeys though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're only as young as your ID says you are.

(in case it's not obvious - get an ID)

09-12-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GL in the tourney!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what people have tried to convey to you, is that you have no business deciding what content belongs on this poker forum unless you have a little yellow M by your name. And maybe being a member of the aforementioned board for more than a few weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you are right. Im just a newbie that has no business speaking.

skipperbob
09-12-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5. Bluetooth can't come.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe that somebody got barred from this chickenshit deal before I did....That ruins a perfectly good record /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The Don
09-12-2005, 03:59 PM
I am graduating college this December and I am going to do a lot of traveling (pro poker for money etc...) so I will definetely make the trip to Vegas for this event. Count me in.

09-12-2005, 04:23 PM
And for the record, I like Irieguy and his posts.

Irieguy
09-12-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. And for the record, you aren't really barred... I just wanted to voice my opinion of your objections to regular posters making off-topic posts.

The more fun this forum is, the more likely it is that great players will hang out here and post their thoughts on poker. Any post whose spirit detracts from this fun is detrimental to the forum as a whole. I struggle to understand how this isn't as clear as day to everybody.

Irieguy

raptor517
09-12-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lucksack into 2nd place.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe its called skillboxing. and in the case of being under 21.. get a fake id pussy. holla

09-12-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. And for the record, you aren't really barred... I just wanted to voice my opinion of your objections to regular posters making off-topic posts.

The more fun this forum is, the more likely it is that great players will hang out here and post their thoughts on poker. Any post whose spirit detracts from this fun is detrimental to the forum as a whole. I struggle to understand how this isn't as clear as day to everybody.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Since I am kind of new to this forum, it did not come as clear as day to me. I assumed random people came here to post pictures of TVs and sound systems. I have my own opinions and you all have yours, so I will leave it at that.

I'm really not that bad of a guy. I like fun. Really.

jon462
09-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Ill be there most likely. Can you clarify the diff between the 2 buy ins? Do the 500 buy ins win more if they win, or is it just based on skill?

johnnybeef
09-12-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lucksack into 2nd place.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe its called skillboxing. and in the case of being under 21.. get a fake id pussy. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche....how many people was i gambling with that werent of legal age on fri night of the trip? In all honesty, at the bellagio's let it ride table, we all got id'd, and the pit boss paid just enough attention to the ids to hand them to the wrong owners.

jon462
09-12-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lucksack into 2nd place.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche....how many people was i gambling with that werent of legal age on fri night of the trip? In all honesty, at the bellagio's let it ride table, we all got id'd, and the pit boss paid just enough attention to the ids to hand them to the wrong owners.

[/ QUOTE ]

at the casinos ive been to (mostly New Orleans and a few in Missouri) they i.d. at the door and scan the bar code to make sure its a fake. I.d.s at the tables are only for comps! Do they not do that at vegas? (although my underage friend did manage to get into Harrahs in NO, he had a friend hook him up somehow with a legitimate barcode).

johnnybeef
09-12-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lucksack into 2nd place.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

at the casinos ive been to (mostly New Orleans and a few in Missouri) they i.d. at the door and scan the bar code to make sure its a fake. I.d.s at the tables are only for comps! Do they not do that at vegas? (although my underage friend did manage to get into Harrahs in NO, he had a friend hook him up somehow with a legitimate barcode).

[/ QUOTE ]

vegas is entirely different due to the fact that it is a town with so much more to do than gamble. as such there are more reasons to go into these hotels, and ids are not required cecked at the door. at the tables, ids are basically used for the same reason as they are at the ones that you mentioned. if an underage player plays it cool, a pit boss wont even think twice unless he makes a big score.

lacky
09-12-2005, 08:15 PM
so what's your position on strippers, that could be important with this group

good2cu
09-12-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm already going to Vegas at the start of Christmas break but I want to come for sure. I'll represent as the youngest player there /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. 80% I'm in once I get more details.

mcpherzen
09-12-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doggy and reverse-cowgirl. Ever heard of that?

What?

bones
09-12-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so what's your position on strippers

[/ QUOTE ]

Preferrably face on tits.

09-12-2005, 08:33 PM
hehe,

Actually I will not be attending this, although I would like to in the future (as long as suitedsixes and others do not beat me) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

skipperbob
09-12-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doggy and reverse-cowgirl. Ever heard of that?

What?

[/ QUOTE ]

Something about mounting her "Doggy" then saying "Your Sister is a better Lay"...& then hanging on for 8 Seconds?

bones
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Something about mounting her "Doggy" then saying "Your Sister is a better Lay"...& then hanging on for 8 Seconds?

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are old school. These days mentioning herpes or a group of your friends rushing into the room is substituted for the sister part.

Slim Pickens
09-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Due to my close proximity to the event, I should be there to contribute dead money and unamusing anecdotes, provided none of family members get married over that weekend.

SlimP

SuitedSixes
09-13-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hehe,

Actually I will not be attending this, although I would like to in the future (as long as suitedsixes and others do not beat me) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even play poker, I just come here for the witty banter.

45suited
09-13-2005, 03:18 AM
I plan on being there to donate the low buy-in. Hopefully, a bunch of other lower limit guys show up so that we can get some side games going after we're pwned by the heavyweights. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, I'll be 34 by then, so I'll be able to keep SFB company. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

raptor517
09-13-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ehh, what do I have to gain at this point. I spose I'll just say im coming and bet a bunch on myself and no-show.....

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahhahahaha. thats funny. holla

brimstone1
09-13-2005, 03:44 AM
Unless I have some weird midterms at that date, I will be attending the second STTF-HUC

I require strippers and whiskey to function, just a heads up :O

Not sure if I'll have the guts to play against these guys, but still, I will at least be dealing/drinking/hanging out

IHateKeithSmart
09-13-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

BTW, I'll be 34 by then, so I'll be able to keep SFB company. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm there, we can be a trio. I turn 30 in january /images/graemlins/frown.gif

skipperbob
09-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Anybody wanna guess "who" has actually already paid for his seat at *STTF-HUC-II*....and got his hat....I'll give u a clue = He's ancient /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SlackerMcFly
09-13-2005, 12:05 PM
I'd guess...SFB??

BTW, in 5 years, I'll have seen 7 decades and will have won 3 STTF-HUC. You'll just be 5 years older. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SlackerMcAgeless

lacky
09-13-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd guess...SFB??

BTW, in 5 years, I'll have seen 7 decades and will have watched lacky win 3 STTF-HUC. You'll just be 5 years older.

SlackerMcAgeless

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

raptor517
09-13-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd guess...SFB??

BTW, in 5 years, I'll have seen 7 decades and will have watched lacky win 3 STTF-HUC. You'll just be 5 years older.

SlackerMcAgeless

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

psh, whatever dinosaur. you have no chance come february. get on aol damnit i need more thoughts on my paper. holla