PDA

View Full Version : two blind hands in a row against the same villian

newhizzle
09-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.00 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB.

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3.00 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB.

hobbsmann
09-12-2005, 02:05 AM
hand 1 looks fine.

fold to the turn raise in hand 2.

newhizzle
09-12-2005, 02:07 AM
i called down in hand 2 because of the way hand 1 played out

hobbsmann
09-12-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i called down in hand 2 because of the way hand 1 played out

[/ QUOTE ]

With a read this would be ok. If we asuume an unknown even if you think your table image is bad I don't see you being good enough here even with your draw.

toss
09-12-2005, 02:14 AM
In hand one you felt villain smoothcalled with the nuts meaning he's less likely to raise with trips Aces in hand 2? Is that what you were thinking?

newhizzle
09-12-2005, 02:15 AM
i was new to the table and figured that he would think that i was the type to bet at any flop and after he won with a bet on the river in the first hand i thought he may try to outplay me on the second one

newhizzle
09-12-2005, 02:27 AM
anyone care to take a stab at villains holdings in hand 2?

09-12-2005, 02:28 AM
How high does your baby pair need to be before you raise from SB here? I would raise 44. I too fold the turn though as played.

hobbsmann
09-12-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Without reads this is kind of pointless, but I will say that there are a ton of hands that have you crushed and only a few you are beating.

newhizzle
09-12-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Without reads this is kind of pointless, but I will say that there are a ton of hands that have you crushed and only a few you are beating.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, well [censored] yall then, if you dont care, i wont tell you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

maybe im too results oriented, but the only hands he could realistically have that beat me are an ace or a pocket pair, and unless he flopped a set he didnt play it like he had either, and the way that the first hand played out made it, in my oppinion, far more likely that he was putting a play on me in the second, he had precisely what i put him on, and i think i played the hand perfectly according to the FTOP(actually the fundamentally correct play would have been to 3-bet the turn and check/call the river, but they way i played it worked out best in the long run because in the event that he did have me beat i saved a bet, and he probly would not have bet the river if i had 3 bet the turn, so it works out the same when i have him beat)

hobbsmann
09-12-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, well [censored] yall then, if you dont care, i wont tell you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

maybe im too results oriented, but the only hands he could realistically have that beat me are an ace or a pocket pair, and unless he flopped a set he didnt play it like he had either, and the way that the first hand played out made it, in my oppinion, far more likely that he was putting a play on me in the second, he had precisely what i put him on, and i think i played the hand perfectly according to the FTOP(actually the fundamentally correct play would have been to 3-bet the turn and check/call the river, but they way i played it worked out best in the long run because in the event that he did have me beat i saved a bet, and he probly would not have bet the river if i had 3 bet the turn, so it works out the same when i have him beat)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's what I was getting at in my posts and it seems you had a strong enough read that there was a significant chance the villain would raise this turn with a flush draw. With a more in depth preface to your read on this guy I might have encouraged you to call down in hand 2 as well, but given what you supplied us with I still think you fold as you are only beating a bluff/semi-bluff (this reminds me of a post recently about having a weak draw combined with a chance of having the best hand and how this affects your turn play specifically). Anyway sorry to come off too harsh, but this is why reads are so vital when analyzing hands.