PDA

View Full Version : Pushing from C/O...

axeshigh
09-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Pushing from C/O makes people give you so much more credit than sb/button, with the added bonus of not making your sb's bb fish angry and call you with K-high.

Discuss. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

unreal_nh
09-12-2005, 01:13 AM
you're right but your taking a greater risk pushing into more players

citanul
09-12-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing from C/O makes people give you so much more credit than sb/button, with the added bonus of not making your sb's bb fish angry and call you with K-high.

Discuss. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't ask a question, you state an opinion, or make a statement, whichever. one that isn't really valid. your opponents give you one more seat worth of respect than if you pushed from the button and 2 more than if you had pushed from the sb. means not much more.

ending posts with "discuss" when you didn't even pose something that's discussable is pretty much a douche move.

citanul

axeshigh
09-12-2005, 02:12 AM
One would think that opinions generate discussions, whereas questions beg for answers. For example, you could have elaborated on your statement about the lack of validity of my opinion, hence discussing. There may or may not be a douche here, but in any case it's not me.

pergesu
09-12-2005, 02:25 AM
When you push from CO, there's a 50% increase in likelihood that you'll get called.

Discuss.

DMACM
09-12-2005, 02:29 AM
I agree with your opinion on the CO getting more respect. I noticed this a lot in MTT and ring games where with deep stacks raises from the button especially is seen as such an obvious steal. In STT its hard to apply this, mathematically your hand must be much stronger from the SB to Button to CO. Four handed how often do you push from the CO? Even with a big stack its hard to.

benkahuna
09-12-2005, 02:33 AM
I had good success with every steal bet from the cutoff that I made today. Experienced pros are probably more suspicious of the cutoff than the button. Most other players seem to be suckers to cutoff attacks and very suspicious of button aggression.