PDA

View Full Version : JTs

shant
09-12-2005, 12:23 AM
No read on CO but he's only been around for a few hands but he only has ~6BB left if that changes your opinion of him.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: I am the SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, I complete, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">I 3-bet</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, I call.

Flop: (20 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
I check, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, I call, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
I check, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, what now

istewart
09-12-2005, 12:24 AM
6BB left at this point in the hand I assume?

shant
09-12-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No he started with a little over 6BB.

sy_or_bust
09-12-2005, 12:28 AM
You aren't folding to the 3-bet, and CO has what, 1BB left? And you're heads up in a huge pot against a player who might be raising because it's more fun than calling down for his whole stack. What's the problem?

hobbsmann
09-12-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No he started with a little over 6BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case he has ~1.5 BB left just cap the turn and lead the river. You're good here often enough.

istewart
09-12-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm not sure I understand the decision. He has half a bet left and you have two-pair?

shant
09-12-2005, 12:33 AM
OK, then I just messed it up. I called and he checked through the river and even my friend who doesn't play much poker asked me why I didn't cap and lead the river so I just needed to validate that I'm a fish. Thanks.

SackUp
09-12-2005, 12:38 AM
is this a standard move to complete 3 bet?

I'm assuming the value is to increase your drawing and implied odds? What other hands are you doing this with? From what positions?

newhizzle
09-12-2005, 12:41 AM
i put him all in

shant
09-12-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming the value is to increase your drawing and implied odds? What other hands are you doing this with? From what positions?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about raising it instead of completing. Then I changed my mind. Then it came back around to me and I thought it was a good oppurtunity.

SackUp
09-12-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about raising it instead of completing. Then I changed my mind. Then it came back around to me and I thought it was a good oppurtunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

how many people does it take you to raise 10js from the sb?

TheHammer24
09-12-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is JTs's equity that great in a multiway pot, that you can raise preflop for value? Do you do it more for deception?

Harv72b
09-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Put him all in.

Evan
09-12-2005, 12:54 AM
He's already put in 5.5 BB, just get him all in.

The 3 bet preflop is pretty goofy, at least it was fun, I guess. If you really think you should be 3 betting than I'm pretty sure you should also be raising the first time around.

shant
09-12-2005, 01:03 AM
Well I would do ATs and AJs there. I usually do KTs as well. I second guessed myself doing it with JTs. If I'm doing it with the other hands, should I be raising this from the SB as well?

Bodhi
09-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Nice limp-reraise. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Now that the pot is so big you have to call down.

09-12-2005, 03:07 AM
Get him allin, although I may have chickened out too. But he was likely spewing his last chips w/ a less than stellar hand often enough to get as much from him as you can.

PokerBob
09-12-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No read on CO but he's only been around for a few hands but he only has ~6BB left if that changes your opinion of him.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: I am the SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, I complete, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">I 3-bet</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, I call.

Flop: (20 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
I check, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, I call, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
I check, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, what now

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not too nuts about the preflop limp/rr, but i'll get over it. i see CO as having put in 5.5 bets thus far, isn't he all in now or close to it? no matter, as he will be when you cap.

PokerBob
09-12-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I would do ATs and AJs there. I usually do KTs as well. I second guessed myself doing it with JTs. If I'm doing it with the other hands, should I be raising this from the SB as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched bicyclekick do it in the 30 game at Canterbury with JTs, but I think there was one more limper. if it's wrong, it can't be by all that much.

restless
09-12-2005, 04:06 AM
Just a question here... Would raising the flop to try and knock out BB be a good idea? I rarely give credit to shortstacked players when they bet/raise. It usually is a desperation move, that we might take advantage of in this hand. Or do we like having BB around?

By giving BB 22:1 odds he's ok with peeling to hit his set, something that he couldn't profitably do given 11:1.

shant
09-12-2005, 04:13 AM
I didn't checkraise because I didn't think I was going to be able to protect my hand even if I was ahead because of how big the pot became.

sfer
09-12-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't checkraise because I didn't think I was going to be able to protect my hand even if I was ahead because of how big the pot became.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is big enough where checkraising doesn't have to work very often to make it worthwhile.

Redd
09-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Is this still a standard turn cap if Villain is full-stacked?

spamuell
09-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Once you failed to check-raise the flop (come on, the button who is shortstacked bet in an enormous pot with several draws, he really does not need an A to do this here and you really do need to protect your hand), you should defnitely donk the turn, getting checked through would be disastrous.

Also, there is some chance you fold KJ or QJ from one of the limpers when you checkraise the flop. Like sfer said, it doesn't have to work very often to be profitable.

EDIT: Also when you checkraise and BB folds KK and QQ, awesome.