PDA

View Full Version : driving drunk

newhizzle
09-11-2005, 11:10 PM

PoBoy321
09-11-2005, 11:12 PM
I've been in situations where like, after 2 or 3 beers, I'll drive 10 blocks home from my friend's house or something, but I've really only driven "drunk" once, and it was a horrible thing to do and I will never do it again.

newhizzle
09-11-2005, 11:12 PM
wow it didnt censor fucker

Sponger15SB
09-11-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been in situations where like, after 2 or 3 beers, I'll drive 10 blocks home from my friend's house or something, but I've really only driven "drunk" once, and it was a horrible thing to do and I will never do it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you not 21+?

kyro
09-11-2005, 11:15 PM
You completely left out the "did it once and hate myself for it" part.

PoBoy321
09-11-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been in situations where like, after 2 or 3 beers, I'll drive 10 blocks home from my friend's house or something, but I've really only driven "drunk" once, and it was a horrible thing to do and I will never do it again. [ QUOTE ]
Are you not 21+?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm 20, so even after a half a beer, I shouldn't be driving. I'm just saying that I've driven a few blocks with a mild buzz, but only once have I driven when I really shouldn't have.

-Skeme-
09-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Driving drunk doesn't seem like a bad idea when you're drunk.

jason_t
09-11-2005, 11:18 PM
When you drive drunk, just drive really fast so you aren't on the road as long.

judgesmails
09-11-2005, 11:19 PM
I was arrested and convicted of a DUI a couple of years ago. Before my arrest I would drink on most weekends and drive home. Since, I drink less often and drink less when I do drink. I try to get a ride when I plan on having some drinks. If I can't get a ride, I try to either take a cab or use this car service in Vegas that will drive me and my car home.

All that said, I have driven twice since my arrest where I may have been over the legal limit.

kerssens
09-11-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm here to say that if you do drive when you could possibly be drunk at 2 in the morning across a bridge make sure you have your headlights on.

unreal_nh
09-11-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao... thank you /images/graemlins/grin.gif

newhizzle
09-11-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao... thank you /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

very very good advise

bmxreed36
09-11-2005, 11:27 PM
I've been pulled over about one bajillion times with about half of those times being after or during drinking. My only tickets have been when I wasn't. Apparently drinking sobers me up.

Sponger15SB
09-11-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been pulled over about one bajillion times with about half of those times being after or during drinking. My only tickets have been when I wasn't. Apparently drinking sobers me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't miss you when you kill yourself or someone else. In fact, I might go to your funeral with a sign that says "god hates drunk drivers"

Thythe
09-11-2005, 11:30 PM
I think it's a terrible idea. That being said, I've certainly drank some and then drove. I wish I had a breathalyzer thing, I can't even begin to imagine what level of drunkness corresponds to each blood alcohol level. I know you can use that little chart thing, but when you're drinking mixed drinks, who really knows how much alcohol is in there.

newhizzle
09-11-2005, 11:31 PM
i told my sister to get me one of those sharper image things for my 21st birthday, it wont matter till then cuz a .01 is the same charge as a .40 now

kerssens
09-11-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a terrible idea. That being said, I've certainly drank some and then drove. I wish I had a breathalyzer thing, I can't even begin to imagine what level of drunkness corresponds to each blood alcohol level. I know you can use that little chart thing, but when you're drinking mixed drinks, who really knows how much alcohol is in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend has a breathalyzer, its fun to play with. We actually use it for good too.

unreal_nh
09-11-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I won't miss you when you kill yourself or someone else. In fact, I might go to your funeral with a sign that says "god hates drunk drivers"

[/ QUOTE ]

well aren't you mr. perfect

RunDownHouse
09-11-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The faster you go, the harder you are to catch.

If you go fast enough, they can't even see you.

bmxreed36
09-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Nothing sobers you up like a nice long drive.

unreal_nh
09-11-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

newhizzle
09-11-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats def true, when i got my dub like 3 years ago i downed a 5th of aritocrat and was lost in another town for like 3 hours, when i got back i dedided i needed some cigs, and got pulled, only blew a .15, .10 at the station, if i had got pulled before the long drive im sure it would have been mad higher

tonypaladino
09-11-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

genius. i can't beleive i never thought of that

kyro
09-11-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats def true, when i got my dub like 3 years ago i downed a 5th of aritocrat and was lost in another town for like 3 hours, when i got back i dedided i needed some cigs, and got pulled, only blew a .15, .10 at the station, if i had got pulled before the long drive im sure it would have been mad higher

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my hero. Maybe if we're lucky you'll hit a tree someday and not someone else.

tonypaladino
09-11-2005, 11:44 PM
where's the option for "I don't drive" ???

newhizzle
09-11-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my hero. Maybe if we're lucky you'll hit a tree someday and not someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hit a stop sign last weekend

InchoateHand
09-11-2005, 11:55 PM
More frequently than I would like, less frequently and while less inebriated than total morons.

I like living three blocks from my favorite bar.

When I was a young'un, and an undergrad, I was triple D, precisely because I didn't have a license. Even then I was smart about it. You guys have no excuse.

nothumb
09-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Re: Driving Drunk

Used to do it a lot, not proud of it.

Very careful these days. And I live very near the bar. Although my friends were giving me [censored] about riding a bicycle home the other day.

So I got drunk and did donuts in their lawns.

NT

09-12-2005, 12:02 AM
There's nothing wrong with driving drunk on back roads in small town. I'm comfortable doing that. After a friend of mine got a DUI it became apparant to me that driving drunk was -EV if there is a realistic chance of getting caught.

The breathalyzer is a terrible test. It's not an accurate measure of how much alcolol is actually in your blood. And it's stupid that the legal limit is so low.

ethan
09-12-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very careful these days. And I live very near the bar. Although my friends were giving me [censored] about riding a bicycle home the other day.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can still get ticketed for BUI. No, seriously.

InchoateHand
09-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Donuts with the car? Or the bike. Its infinitely cooler if its the bike, and I should rip that idea off. I'm definitely getting wrecked and doing donuts on my bike until there are very small creases in friend's lawns.