PDA

View Full Version : Saw the Discovery Channel Show About Flight 93

adios
09-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I thought it was quite good. As an aside I hope to be going to Shanksville within the next year as well. I don't know if it will be on again after today but I know it's being repeated on the Discovery Channel this evening, I recommend it.

09-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Discovery Channel broadcasts great documentaries. Last week they showed a really good documentary about bigfoot sightings. I'm pretty sure they exist now.

Cumulonimbus
09-12-2005, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Discovery Channel broadcasts great documentaries. Last week they showed a really good documentary about bigfoot sightings. I'm pretty sure they exist now.

[/ QUOTE ]

After driving through NorCal and SoOr(Hah southern oregon mofo), I'm convinced too. Those locals are damn sure of its existence(sp?)

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7560/p10101691vy.th.jpg (http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10101691vy.jpg)

mackthefork
09-12-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was quite good. As an aside I hope to be going to Shanksville within the next year as well. I don't know if it will be on again after today but I know it's being repeated on the Discovery Channel this evening, I recommend it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the National Geographic 4 part series about 9/11, they reported as if the passengers over powered the terrorists and then crashed the plane into the ground, or maybe it went into a dive during the struggle. To be honest, this one plane was the only part of the whole shebang that didn't make any sense to me.

Why are they letting a plane fly into the White House, and not even trying to stop it, to think this isn't strange you first need to suspend disbelief. If they shot it down I would completely understand, what would be bad though is if they did it then lied about it to save face.

Mack

adios
09-12-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are they letting a plane fly into the White House, and not even trying to stop it, to think this isn't strange you first need to suspend disbelief. If they shot it down I would completely understand, what would be bad though is if they did it then lied about it to save face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the target was the Capital building. In order for this conspiracy theory to hold water so to speak, all of the family members who heard the tape recordings of the last 5 minutes of the flight would have to be complicit. I guess someone could also say the cockpit recordings were fabricated.

On a side not, pretty revealing that a Brit makes an intelligent comment and shows some concern for the history and what happened while two Americans who replied make inane uncaring responses. Two more on my ever growing ignore list. I've heard alot of comments that 9/11 is a distant memory for many and I agree with that/

mackthefork
09-12-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the target was the Capital building. In order for this conspiracy theory to hold water so to speak, all of the family members who heard the tape recordings of the last 5 minutes of the flight would have to be complicit. I guess someone could also say the cockpit recordings were fabricated.

On a side not, pretty revealing that a Brit makes an intelligent comment and shows some concern for the history and what happened while two Americans who replied make inane uncaring responses. Two more on my ever growing ignore list. I've heard alot of comments that 9/11 is a distant memory for many and I agree with that/

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not much for conspiracies just something doesn't quite sit right for me on this particular plane. Your last sentence I totally agree with, and it is a crying shame. A lot of good people died that day and a lot of incredible stories unfolded. Heros were created from ordinary people and firefighters both, the day should be remembered not just for the incredible suffering and loss of life, but as a way of restoring our faith in humanity. That day truely brought together the best and worst we have to offer.

Mack

09-12-2005, 12:37 PM
I saw some of the Discovery Channel program and IIRC it stated that the plane was inverted when it crashed in PA.

It seems that when the passengers broke into the cockpit to retake the controls, the hijacker/pilot simply slammed the plane into the ground.

The program also stated that the Air Force wasn't given permission to shoot down planes until 28 min. after Flight 93 crashed.

09-12-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm not a conspiracy nut, but remember that field? I didn't see many plane parts. Would most of them have scattered over a very wide area or be destroyed beyond recognition on impact? Just curious.

09-12-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a conspiracy nut, but remember that field? I didn't see many plane parts. Would most of them have scattered over a very wide area or be destroyed beyond recognition on impact? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know. This crash differs from other commercial air accidents in that it was intentional. If the hijacker/pilot flipped the aircraft over and drove it straight down the impact may have been great enough to destroy most of the plane.

nicky g
09-12-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
n order for this conspiracy theory to hold water so to speak, all of the family members who heard the tape recordings of the last 5 minutes of the flight would have to be complicit. I guess someone could also say the cockpit recordings were fabricated.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is strange about the crash is that the 9/11 commission said the passengers did not manage to break down the door, while the families say they did. It should be easy to clear up. I don't believe it was shot down though. The weirdness surrounding the main hijacker Ziad Jarrah is also interesting (see the wikipedia article on him).

Wes ManTooth
09-12-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What is strange about the crash is that the 9/11 commission said the passengers did not manage to break down the door, while the families say they did. It should be easy to clear up. I don't believe it was shot down though. The weirdness surrounding the main hijacker Ziad Jarrah is also interesting (see the wikipedia article on him).

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziad_Jarrah) if anyone is interested.

It also mentioned that the plane hit the ground going 580 miles per hour, this might explain how most of the plane was destroyed beyond reconigtion

Cumulonimbus
09-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, I am a "conspiracy nut," but I don't really wanna get a conspiracy discussion going. I just thought somebody should post a pic of the crash since everybody's talking about it.

http://img8.exs.cx/img8/5519/imprint33al.jpg

09-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Wow! The airplane isn't even there! Just like Bigfoot in those documentaries.